OFFICIAL RULES MUSIC CITY MAYHEM CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO VOTE, PARTICIPATE OR WIN.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPANTS IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE INELIGIBLE.
PLEASE BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FINAL SHOW ON JULY 6TH, 2018 FOR THE FINAL LIVE SHOW AT MARATHON MUSIC WORKS
1. Eligibility to vote: The 2018 MUSIC CITY MAYHEM Contest (“Promotion”) is open to citizens of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, and have a valid U.S. driver’s license at the time of participation. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 9:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time on June 12 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time on July 6, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
3. How Bands Can Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.Lightning100.com (“Website”). If you have not already registered for a Contest account at the Website, you must register for an account and provide the required information and accept these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address for the entire Promotion Period regardless of category and regardless of method of entry. Participants may not enter using multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter under multiple identities. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish song on website, use, adapt, edit and/or modify(radio edit) such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. By submitting, you’ve given us the right to play and post your music. Entries: must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been published previously; must not infringe upon third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Any person featured in submissions must sign a release prior to awarding of prize. Submissions are accepted by bands that currently live in a 30 mile radius of Nashville, TN 37203.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide and license and right to publish, use and/or publicly perform the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. Lightning 100 can use this song until the last day of Live On The Green on August 30, 31 or August 1, 2018
By submitting an entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the Entry Requirements set forth below:
• Entry must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Website
• Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, or unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or profane or pornographic, or contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
• Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products or other people, products or companies;
• Entry cannot infringe on trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
• Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission, and Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights, and declares that any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest.
• Entry cannot copy a movie, book or photo, or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than the entrant unless entrant has obtained all rights necessary to permit entrant to use same in connection with entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
• Entry cannot contain background artwork unless it is an original work of the entrant, and any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in entries must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
• Entry cannot infringe on the right of publicity of any person, living or dead, without permission;
• Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
• Entry cannot depict a violation of any law, and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
Tuned In Broadcasting, INC is committed to complying with U.S. copyright law and to responding to claims of copyright infringement. Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to a Service Provider’s Designated Agent.
For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide all of the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement:
A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. to locate the material; D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an email address; E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). You should be aware that, under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs and attorney’s fees.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein at its reasonable discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his/her entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
By submitting an entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the video on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit.
6. Public Voting/Judging/Tie Breaker/Winner Notification:
Public Vote Selection: Each entry will appear on the Website during the Promotion Period (the “Voting Period”). The public will be invited to vote for their favorite entry. To vote for an entry, log on to the Website. Then, click the “vote” icon on the video you wish to vote for. If more than one (1) vote is received from the same person and/or email address and phone number for a given entry per round, all votes from said person or email address will be disregarded. By submitting your vote, you are allowing Lightning 100 to contact you about upcoming events, promotions, contest and more! Send STOP to unsubscribe to Lightning 100’s VIP club. At the conclusion of the Voting Period, Sponsor will rank the entries according to the total votes received. The one (1) entrant whose entry receives the highest total number of votes will be a will move on to the next round (subject to verification). Bands will compete to make it to the final round at The Music City Mayhem Showcase in July 8th, 2016 at Marathon Music Works. Lightning 100 will select one wild card for the show, which will be the band that does not make it to the final 4, but has the most votes in the contest. The Wild Card will perform first. The order of the other bands will be selected by total votes.
Tie Breaker: If a matches results in a tie, five (5) Lightning 100 employees will vote to break the tie.
Final Round at Music City Mayhem Showcase: Bands that make it to the final show, will perform at the Music City Mayhem Showcase on July 6th, 2018 at Marathon Music Works. Public voters must get to the show before the end of the first band to get a voter card. Fans must stay until the end of the last artist to vote. Votes will be tallied by Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. to determine the winner.
By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a Grand Prize Winner.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that its entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her rights, title and interest in and to his/her song, including all but not limited to copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives, in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning entry, at its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
12. Limitations of Liability: Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is not responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete or non-delivered Activities, Points or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the loss of or failure to capture any such information. Neither Sponsor are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual/account it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of Promotion or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person or to achieve more entries than entitled or to otherwise disrupt the Promotion in any manner. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading or copying materials from or using of Website. If, for any reason, Promotion, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof. In the event such action is taken, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of such action. Vehicle winner acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize Vehicle, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize Vehicle.
13. Governing Law: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Nashville, Tennessee.
14. Winners List: For the name of Winners, visit www.Lightning100.com beginning July 6th, 2018 and no later than August 1, 2018. If you are chosen as a winner, your information may be included in a publicly available winners list.
15. Grand Prize: Performance at Live On The Green Music Festival 2018; Addition to rotation on WRLT-FM Lightning 100; Promotional advertising package on WRLT-FM Lightning 100($1,700); Project 615 will design one piece for 50 t-shirts and posters($1,000) and more!
16. Sponsor: Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215 Nashville TN, 37203
17. Golden Rule: Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. has the rights to change these rules at anytime during the promotion.