OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 1310 Clinton Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37203, licensee of WRLT-FM Lightning 100.1, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Additional sponsors include _________________________. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact WRLT-FM Lightning 100.1 Promotions at (615) 242-5600.
3. Eligibility. This Contest is open to United States citizens who are residents of Tennessee , are 11 years or older at the time of entry, and have not won a prize from Sponsor in the previous thirty (30) days. Proof of residency must be produced upon request. Employees of Sponsor, WRLT Lightning 100.1, Lucas Orthodontics, and each of their respective licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, parent companies, and the advertising, promotional, or public relations agencies affiliated with this Contest, and the respective immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and household members of each of the foregoing, are ineligible.
4. Entry. [entry details]
1 Entry per person
[if applicable] Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be returned.
Sponsor is not responsible for any mechanical or technical issues related to any method of entry, including mail, telephone or internet, which may prevent any individual from entering the Contest.
5. Prizes and Odds. [insert details of contest prizes. Tennessee law requires that the approximate retail value and odds of winning each prize be provided.] [if applicable: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.] The Contest may be presented in multiple presentations and in other media, and the odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Contest through such multiple presentations. Costs of meals, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport and all other expenses not specified as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and must be accepted as awarded. Cash equivalent substitution will not be available.
[if prize includes airfare:] The approximate retail value of the prize may vary depending on location of major airport nearest to winner’s home. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. If prize involves a destination and accommodation, accommodation refers to three (3) nights, double-occupancy accommodation at venue selected by Sponsor, unless otherwise indicated. Winner and guest must agree to any terms and conditions of travel imposed by the airline selected by Sponsor. Once confirmed, trip dates and travel accommodations cannot be changed by winner; however, travel is subject to availability and/or change due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. Winner and guest must travel on the same dates, itinerary and fare class. No extensions will be permitted, and any unused travel will be forfeited. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with any prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used. [if prize includes travel outside the United States] Winner and guest must have a valid passport and eligible visa at time of travel.
No refunds, exchanges or substitutions of any prize will be permitted, provided that Sponsor reserves the exclusive right to substitute for any prize a similar prize of equal or greater value.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by [phone] on [9/23/11]. All prizes may be claimed at Sponsor’s office set forth above. Any prize not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning will be automatically forfeited by winner, unless prize has an expiration date, in which case a shorter claim period may apply. Forfeited prizes automatically become the property of Sponsor. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable.
Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any federal, state or local taxes on prizes. If required by law, winners must sign such forms as are necessary in order to report the value of the prize to the Internal Revenue Service or any applicable state or local taxing authority.
Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of winner’s interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Person traveling as guest of a winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require.
Sponsor’s decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. No person shall be entitled to any prize if it is discovered that he or she violated these Official Rules in any manner.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these Official Rules or suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time for any reason. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. Entrants may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor, including for failure to comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor specifically reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor.
Entrants may be requested to allow Sponsor and/or its agents the right to use their names and/or likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, however, entrants are not required to allow such use in order to participate in the Contest or receive a prize. Entrants waive the right to assert, as a cost of receiving a prize, any and all costs of redemption.
8. Internet. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical problems in connection with the transmission or receipt of entry, including faulty electronic transmission, traffic congestion on the internet or on Sponsor’s website, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communication problems. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor resulting from entrant’s attempt to participate in the Contest or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her entries) who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CIVIL AND CRIMINAL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN THE EVENT THE CONTEST IS COMPROMISED BY VIRUS, BUGS, NON-AUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SPONSOR WHICH CORRUPTS OR IMPAIRS THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS OR PROPER PLAY OF THE CONTEST, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE CONTEST, AND TO AWARD THE PRIZES FROM AMONG ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO ACTION TAKEN BY SPONSOR.
9. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but excluding attorneys’ fees; and (3) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Sponsor makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition or fitness of any prizes awarded and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
10. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT THEY MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST. ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Tennessee, or any other jurisdiction). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. General Release. By entering the Contest, entrants release WRLT-FM Lightning 100.1, Tuned In Broadcasting, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light). Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.