The Daily Howl
Lightning 100 debuts “Make Your Colors Run” by The Daily Howl on the615.
The Daily Howl encapsulates Nashville’s rising rock scene. Steeped in the Southern swagger only native Nashvillians can radiate and pushing the boundaries of pop music, The Daily Howl interweaves their Southern charm and raucous personalities with rich, harmonically complex pop music.
The band was founded in 2009 by Matthew and Aaron Cates, Kodi Temes, and Blake Burton– musicians intimately familiar with both current and classic rock music. Within their first release The Revolver E.P. are nods to past and present: The lyric of “Make Your Colors Run” echoes 1960s surrealism, the guitar solo calling to mind “Taxman” from the classic Beatles album to which their E.P.’s title makes a nod. The album’s fifth track, “First World Problems,” artfully combines Nirvana’s lyrical irony with lush vocal harmony. “Turn off Your Radio” and “Stoney Bitch” emulate the garage rock revival of the 2000s and incorporate elements of Chess Records era blues. The sound is unashamedly commercial, yet unbelievably raw.
Live, the band pulls no punches. The Daily Howl is easily garnering a reputation as having the preeminent stage show in Nashville, possessing an incomparable energy derived from a decade of close friendship and trust which allows for six foot high scissor kicks and ceaseless spasmodic convulsions. The stage show is interactive and makes the crowd a vital part of the performance.
With their sound, their swagger, and their stage show, The Daily Howl represents Nashville’s music scene at its absolute best.
You’ve been hearing “Let the Good Times Roll” by JD McPherson on 100.1 FM, now download it for free! Click here to pre-order his new album coming out on February 10th, 2015.
The 2015 CounterPoint Music Festival Lineup has arrived!! Join us over Memorial Day Weekend for CounterPoint’s 3rd Anniversary!
All #CP15 Passes are on sale now: http://bit.ly/1KNzWPZd
That’s My Kid is a rock and roll band from Nashville, TN. Lightning 100 is playing their song.
Here it is, the #ShakyKneesFest 2015 lineup! Tickets on sale this Friday at 10am at ShakyKneesFestival.com!
Bonnaroo themed Beer, Bands & Bingo – Bonnaroo 2015 Promotion:
These rules govern the Bonnaroo themed Beer, Bands & Bingo Promotion (“the promotion”). The Promotion begins on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 and ends on Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
Each Tuesday during the Promotion Dates, Lightning 100 & Tin Roof Nashville on Demonbreun will play Beer Bands & Bingo for a chance to win two weekend passes to The 2015 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Bonnaroo 2015 takes place June 11-14, 2015 in Manchester, TN.
Grand prize package consists of: (2) 4-day GA passes to The 2015 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Festival information at: www.bonnaroo.com
To participate in the Promotion, participants may enter at Tin Roof Nashville – Demonbreun each Tuesday beginning on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 7:30pm CDT and ending on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 9:59pm CDT (the “Entry Period”) as follows:
HOW TO ENTER:
Join us at Tin Roof Nashville – Demonbreun Street, Nashville, TN – each Tuesday, between 7:30-10pm CDT during the Entry Period and ask for your Beer Bands & Bingo punch card and hang out to play bingo.
During the Beer Bands & Bingo event each Tuesday during the Entry Period, each winning Bingo game card may be exchanged for an entry into the Grand Prize drawing.
Bring your punch card each week during the contest period and the Tin Roof staff will punch your card after you’ve played at least two games of bingo.
On March 10, 2015, at the end of the entry period, one entry blank will be given for entry in the Grand Prize for every punch on the punch card during the contest period.
Odds of winning Grand Prize depends upon number of eligible entries received.
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U. S. residents, who are 21 years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of the Station, Tin Roof LLC, their corporate affiliates, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- The winner(s) may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Grand Prize drawing will be held Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at the conclusion of Beer Bands & Bingo (approximately 10pm CST) inside the Green Room at Tin Roof Nashville – Demonbreun. Eligible participants MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN ON MARCH 10, 2015 AT 10PM.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Promotion. The Grand Prize is a trip for two (2) GA tickets to attend The 2015 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, June 11-14, 2015 in Manchester, TN.
b.The Prize winner and guest must be 21 years of age or older. The Prize winner and guest must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the Prize winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the Prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the Prize(s). Vouchers/certificates/tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will vouchers/certificates/tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. The Station and/or venue, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to deny entry to or to remove the Prize winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any of the prize-related events.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within thirty (90) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
d.Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
a.Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at approximately 10:00pm CST the Station will randomly select one (1) Prize winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- The Station will notify the Prize winner in person following the drawing – ENTRANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
d.Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
e.Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. The winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within thirty (90) days of winning or prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s), fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, illegible and incomplete entries; (v) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s).
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Bonnaroo themed Beer Bands & Bingo promotion– Official Rules,” Attn: Promotion, WRLT 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215 Nashville, TN 37203. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 31, 2015 to the above address marked “Bonnaroo themed Beer Bands & Bingo promotion – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at wrlt.com.
Administrator: WRLT 1310 Clinton St. Suite 200 Nashville, TN 37203
Sponsor: Tin Roof LLC, Demonbreun Street Nashville, TN 37207
Tickets go on sale for Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival on January 17th and noon (EST).
Lightning 100 will be doing a live update during #BLAM! Full lineup will be released at 8pm.
Kendrick Lamar, Billy Joel, Run the Jewels, Slayer, Dawes, Spoon, Flying Lotus, Shakey Graves, Belle and Sebastian, the War on Drugs, Moon Taxi, My Morning Jacket, Punch Brothers, Caribou, Mac DeMarco, Sylvan Esso, Jamie xx, Iceage, Rustie, Robert Plant, Tears for Fears, Florence and the Machine, Shabazz Palaces, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Against Me!, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Courtney Barnett, Pallbearer, SBTRKT, Flume, Woods, Alabama Shakes, Atmosphere, Dej Loaf, Earth Wind & Fire, SZA, Rhiannon Giddens, Hiss Golden Messenger, Tanya Tagaq, MØ, Tycho, Bleachers, Temples, the Very Best, and more.
Tickets to the 2015 Hangout Music Festival will go on sale at 10 am EST, Tuesday, January 12. Wonder what Hangout Music Festival is like? Your friends at WRLT have attend the festival since the beginning in 2010, bringing you backstage performances and interviews from some of your favorite artist. Click here to check out Lightning 100’s festival coverage featuring Micheal Franti, The Lumineers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Brandi Carlile, Justin Townes Earle, John and Jacob, The TonTons, and more! Lightning 100 teams up with Mellow Mushroom for the second annual Hangout Games starting later this month! Stay tuned for more details coming your way.
Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival released “The 12 Days Of Roo Clues” to give you a few hints on the 2015 lineup release. Each day, Bonnaroo has released a clue for different artist performing on the farm in June. Can you guess any of the artist?
Click here to watch the HD Video
Have you been enjoying “Work It Out” on 100.1 FM? Knox Hamilton made their first visit to the LC Studio to chat with Wells Adams. Check out two acoustic songs from Knox Hamilton including “Work It Out” and “Rightfully So” live at Lightning 100.
All Them Witches stopped by the studio after their sold out Nashville Sunday Night show at 3rd and Lindsley. Check out this unreleased acoustic track from All Them Witches.
Modest Mouse debuts a new tunes on 100.1 FM after a several year hiatus. Tune in to hear “Lampshades on Fire” from their upcoming release Strangers to Ourselves coming out on March 3rd.
Preorder “Strangers To Ourselves” at iTunes: http://smarturl.it/StrangersToOurselves
Preorder “Strangers To Ourselves” at Amazon: http://smarturl.it/Strangers2Orslvs
Play “Lampshades On Fire” at Spotify: http://smarturl.it/Lampshades
Coachella returns to Indio, California on 4/10-12 and 4/17-19. Get tickets here starting this Wednesday, 1/7 at noon PST.
It was a tough year to narrow it down to the Top Lightning 100 songs played in 2014. Hope you enjoyed another great year of music from national and locals. What do you think of the list? Let us know in a comment below. Thanks for listening to WRLT, Lightning 100!
100. Jack White – Alone in My Home
99. Manchester Orchestra – Top Notch
98. Jukebox the Ghost – Great Unknown
97. Bahamas – Stronger Than That
96. Streets of Laredo – Lonsdale Line
95. Phin – Those Killers
94. Tom Petty – U Get Me High
93. Shakey Graves – Dearly Departed
92. Kings of Leon – Family Tree
91. Brett Dennen – When We Were Young
90. The Lone Bellow – Then Came the Morning
Click here to watch the in-studio performance!
Alanna Royale visits the LC studio to talk about her recently release Achilles. We fit all six members into the studio to perform “18” and “Cop Show”. Make sure to request Alanna Royale during the615 or lunch request hour if you would like to hear more from this Nashville band. Click here if you want to hear the full interview with Lt. Dan.
Click here to watch the HD performance
John Butler Trio stopped by the LC studio before their show at Ryman Auditorium. Check out this performance featuring their new single “Spring To Come” and a Lightning 100 favorite “Better Than” live in the studio.
Leon Bridges is from Fort Worth, Texas. Leon is known for blending southern soul and gospel. Those are the only two things Lightning 100 really knows about this new artist on 100.1 FM! Lightning 100 was pumped to find the song “Better Man” to debut on WRLT. What do you think of this new artist?
The modern Royals started from a digital glitch in the modern struggle to 5ind analog. Far into the ground they search for a 5irm grip on the emotional value of veracity. Like worms and dirt, they lay foundation to a more complex and ruling art in which they consider to be the holy grail of music at whole. Together they 5ind connection to everyday life that the average listener sometimes needs help hearing. Like a baby starling, these songbirds are harmonious with the 5iner things in life.
Sylvan Esso was not meant to be a band. Rather, Amelia Meath had written a song called “Play It Right” and sung it with her trio Mountain Man. She’d met Nick Sanborn, an electronic producer working under the name Made of Oak, in passing on a shared bill in a small club somewhere. She asked him to scramble it, to render her work his way. He did the obligatory remix, but he sensed that there was something more important here than a one-time handoff: Of all the songs Sanborn had ever recast, this was the first time he felt he’d added to the raw material without subtracting from it, as though, across the unseen wires of online file exchange, he’d found his new collaborator without even looking.
Meath felt it, too. Schedules aligned. Moves were made. And as 2012 slipped into 2013, Sanborn and Meath reconvened in the unlikely artistic hub of Durham, N.C., a former manufacturing town with cheap rent and good food. Sylvan Esso became a band. A year later, their self-titled debut—a collection of vivid addictions concerning suffering and love, darkness and deliverance—arrives as a necessary pop balm, an album stuffed with songs that don’t suffer the longstanding complications of that term.
These 10 tunes were realized and recorded in Sanborn’s Durham bedroom during the last year, an impressive feat considering the layers of activity and effects that populate them—the dizzyingly crisscrossed harmonies of “Play it Right,” the gorgeously incongruous elements of “Wolf,” the surreptitiously minimalist momentum of “HSKT.” Sanborn’s production is fully modern and wonderfully active. He enlists obliterating dubstep stutters and crisp electropop pulses, hazy electrostatic breezes and epinephrine dancefloor turnarounds.
But this isn’t a workout in production skills or a demonstration of electronic erudition. Instead, his music syncs seamlessly with Meath’s melodies, so that the respective words and beats become a string of ready-to-play singles. The irrepressible “Hey Mami” webs handclaps and harmonies around a flood of bass, a strangely perfect canvas for a tale of dudes hollering at neighborhood tail (and, finally, finding the chivalry not to do so). “Coffee” sparkles and quakes, patiently rising from a muted spell of seasonal affective disorder to a sweet rupture of schoolyard glee. These pop cuts condescend neither to their audience nor their makers. They are sophisticated, but with none of the arrogance that can imply; they are addictive, but with none of the banality that can entail. There is sensuality and sexual depravity, homesickness and wanderlust, nostalgia and immediacy. Sylvan Esso acknowledges that the world is a tumult of complications by giving you a way to sing and dance with those troubles, if not to will them away altogether.
When Meath and Sanborn talk about Sylvan Esso, they come back to context—to how, before this project, they felt that their solo endeavors often felt short of it, as if they were lacking a crucial component. That is no longer a concern. When Meath sings to Sanborn a melody that she’s conjured and captured, he almost instinctively knows how to respond. And when he delivers to her the backbone of a wordless beat, she adds lyrical bait where he’d only seen white space. Sylvan Esso represents the fulfillment of their fortuitous encounter by, once again, linking parts that too often come stripped of their counterparts. Here, motion comes with melody. Words come with ideas. And above all, pop comes back with candor.
Click here to watch the HD video
Trent Dabbs and Amy Stroup stop by the LC studio before their performance at Nashville Sunday Night. Sugar and The Hi-Lows perform “Snow Angel” live and debut a demo of their new song “High Rollers”. Hope you enjoy this holiday treat! Click here to watch the HD performance or listen to the full interview via soundcloud.
Today on The Tasting Bar, Lisa from The Bottle Shop gives us some great holiday gift ideas which include Taste of Italy, wine sets, whiskey test tubes, and stocking stuffers for all(over 21). Stop by The Body Shop for these tastings on Friday 4-7pm and Saturday 1-7pm.
WRLT- FM The Head and the Heart Retweet Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WRLT-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. at 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville TN 37203, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WRLT-FM Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s listening area. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01pm CST on December 9th, 2014 and will run through 11:59am CST on December 12th, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete one of the following:
- Retweet WRLT: Entrant must retweet on www.twitter.com the designated tweet from @Lightning100 Entrants may only retweet once per day and entrants may only enter once. Users found to use multiple accounts will be deemed ineligible. Entrants must include ‘@Lightning100’ in each retweet.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. December 12th, 2014 – Station will select one (1) entry for the prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. The winning entrant will be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. Two (2) GA general admission tickets to The Head and the Heart at Ryman Auditorium. Approximate retail value: 300?. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc ., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after December 5th, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
- Release of Twitter. This contest is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.com. By participating in this contest, entrants release Twitter of any responsibility associated with this contest.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Tuned In Broadcasting, INC. 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville TN 37206
Jared Cordor of *Repeat Repeat
“That was the most rockstar things I’ve seen in the studio this year” said Wells Adams. *Repeat Repeat stopped by LC Studio to play a few new tunes. See what happens when the microphone starts falling during a live in-studio performance. Click here to watch a special version of “I’m Not The One” and “Hooks” which put Jared on his knees for the sake of rock and roll.
Photo Credits : Dustin Lewis
South African born singer/songwriter Laura Reed has been making a name for herself globally with her powerhouse vocals, thought provoking lyricism, and captivating performances. Most recently having the honor of singing our National Anthem on more than one occasion at Madison Square Garden. Her musical journey started as a teen, where she played open mics and coffee shops around North Carolina and the South Eastern United States. Her original focus was as a poet and storyteller, however over time Laura developed a strong unique voice that was all her own, an empowering message of Unity, and the experience to translate her message through music. Not to mention being a self taught multi-instrumentalist- most notably wailing and stomping on blues harmonica. Laura toured relentlessly as the front woman of the South Eastern based band, Laura Reed and Deep Pocket, as well as recording and performing with various other projects and artists such as George Clinton, Killer Mike, Karl Denson, The Big Ol’ Nasty Getdown and even Jewel.
Laura is currently based in Raleigh, North Carolina and uses Nashville, TN as a platform for her art; where she garnered a publishing deal with EMI/SONY-ATV as well as winning a NIMA AWARD for “BEST R&B SOLO ARTIST 2014″ and Local Artist spotlight with Lightning 100 Nashville Radio. Laura was encouraged to make the move to Nashville by mentor, former music executive and Grammy award winning producer, Paul Worley (Lady Antebellum/The Band Perry/The Dixie Chicks). It was Paul who introduced Laura to the producer of her upcoming project, “The Awakening”, 2X Grammy award winner Shannon Sanders (India.Arie, Robert Randolph, John Legend).
Laura opted to release the record on her very own label entitled “FIVE FOOT GIANT RECORDS”, with the help of experienced ex-Apple Creative Coordinator Patryk Larney of Hope Tree Entertainment. Read more
« Older Entries
Bahamas live in the LC studio
Afie Jurvanen aka Bahamas stopped by the LC studio while on his Fall tour. It is not the first time Afie has stopped by the studio, click here to see the performance of “Caught Me Thinking” and “Already Yours” off Pink Strat. Bahamas debuts “Stronger Than That” and “Bitter Memories” off their recent release Bahamas is Afie. Bahamas will return to Nashville on January 17th to Mercy Lounge.