Lightning 100 recently had Vinyl Thief into the LC studio before #BlocktoberFest. You’ve been hearing “Middle of the Night” on 100.1 FM, now hear a live version and “Faces” off their recently release Phantoms. Vinyl Thief is offering a free download of “Middle of the Night” on their Facebook page. See Vinyl Thief live on November 8th at Stone Fox.
After living in Nashville for 20 years, Brian ventured off to college to attend MTSU. Brian graduated from college in 2008 with a degree in Entrepreneurship. In his spare time he enjoyed writing, booking shows, attending shows, traveling to festivals, and listening to the radio. Before even looking at jobs, Brian got an internship at Lightning 100 in 2008. He work on projects such as Music Business Radio, Local Lightning Spotlight, and festival coverage for the stations website.
I'm the web guy. I own this website.
Bluemoon and Lightning 100’s Ski Trip to Copper Mountain
NO PURCHASE NECESSARYTO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Please read these official rules carefully.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with, Facebook.
- No Beer Purchase Necessary. Sweepstakes open to residents of Tennessee who are 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM on October 15, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM on December 10, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Void where prohibited.
- Two (2) Ways to Enter for a chance to win: (a) Internet: Visit HTTP://www.skitrip.lightning100.com and follow the online instructions to complete and submit an online entry. (b) Paper entry: Visit the Lightning 100 station- 1310 Clinton Street suite 215, Nashville TN 37203 and request a paper entry during normal business hours, weekdays Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. All entries must be received and recorded during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. No other forms of entry are valid. Limit one (1) entry per person per day.
- Neither Blue Moon Brewing Company, LLC (“Sponsor”), Tuned- In Broadcasting nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of Sweepstakes be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and randomly select the winners from valid entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. All materials submitted become the property of Tuned In Broadcasting and will not be returned.
- Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about December 11, 2014 from among all eligible entries received by Tuned-In Broadcasting, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value.
- For Grand Prize: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by phone and will be required to respond to the phone call within forty-eight (48) hours indicating whether he/she would like to accept the prize so Tuned In Broadcasting can capture winner’s name and address or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting). If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting). Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or land line service which may result in potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. If Grand Prize is not claimed as instructed during this time period, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Any alternate selected will also be required to complete the online registration process within the time period described herein in order for winner and guest to qualify for the prize. Winner’s guest must be at least 21 years of age at the time of registration. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner (time permitting). There will be a variety of Tuned In Broadcasting promotions occurring between October 15, 2014 and December 10, 2014. If you are identified as a potential winner of a Tuned In Broadcasting prize within (30) thirty days of the drawling for the Blue Moon Brewing Company/Ski Trip to Copper Mountain, you are not eligible to participate and/or win a prize in this Sweepstakes.
- Employees and the immediate families of employees of Blue Moon Brewing Company, Tuned In Broadcasting, , and DET, its affiliates and subsidiaries, employees and the immediate families of employees of advertising and promotion agencies, wholesale distributors and individual retail licensees are ineligible. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local regulations. Prize winner is responsible for the taxes on prize, are the responsibility of the individual winner,
- Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner’s name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law.
- . PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There is a total of one (1) Prize during the Promotion:
Airfare for two from BNA to Denver, CO (2): $1,400
Lodging for two people for three (3) nights: $ 650
Lift Tickets for two (2) people for two (2) days: $ 800
Visa gift card :$ 250
TOTAL VALUE OF PRIZE: $3,100
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release and hold Tuned In Broadcasting harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.
- For a Winner’s List, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Tuned In Broadcasting, 1310 Clinton Street, Nashville TN 37203 for receipt by December 31, 2014
Abbreviated Text Copy
WRLT/Bluemoon Brewing Company Ski Trip to Copper Mountain SWEEPSTAKES
No Beer Purchase Necessary. Sweepstakes open to residents of Tennessee who are 21 years of age or older. Enjoy 3 night, Thursday to Sunday, Ski Trip package for 2 to Copper Mountain. This packages include round-trip airfare, lift tickets for two (2) people for two (2) days, and a $250 Visa Gift Card. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM on October 15, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM on December 10, 2014. To enter, visit www.skitrip.lightning100.com and follow the online instructions to complete and submit an online entry or fill out a paper entry form at 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville TN. See Official Rules www.lightning100.com for complete details. Void where prohibited.
This October 31st, you’re not going to want to miss Nashville’s Premier Halloween event, the Zombie Beer Fest! Located inside the grounds at Nashville Shores, you’ll pick your way through pumpkins and ghoulish decorations of all kinds. Zombies will be serving you seasonal beers from 40 different brewers from 6pm to Midnight, but don’t worry, they’ll be working for tips, not brains! Various forms of spooky entertainment will abound and costumes are encouraged! So come out and celebrate a night of mischief, entertainment, and most importantly, beer! Want to win two tickets to Zombie Brew Fest? Leave a caption on the photo above for a chance to win. Comments must be approved by admin.
Everyone is curious to what the Future will bring. Is it honest? Is it urgent? Is it enduring? The Future brings all this and more with their contagious, tightly layered tracks that will force even the most inept soul to cut a rug.
Scars on 45 return to studio to talk about the release of their sophomore album Safety in Numbers. They first visited the WRLT studio in 2011, click here to check out their performance of “Give Me Something”. We recorded two new in-studio videos including single “Crazy For You” and “Golden” off Safety in Numbers live in LC Studio on 100.1 FM. Lt. Dan also posted the full audio interview via SoundCloud. Hurry up and get your tickets to see them live this Saturday at Lightning 100’s #BlocktoberFest featuring Walk the Moon, sElf, Boom Forest, repeat repeat, Vinyl Thief, Tristen, and Scars on 45!
Kink Ador is the rock band of artist and songwriter Sharon Koltick. The singer-bassist-trumpet-blowing empress spent her youth raging along the Indiana highways in a slick Camaro with T-tops. She cruised those highways with no turns, listening at full volume to the folk music of her Midwestern tribe, classic rock and roll. Sharon was raised by two emotional and sensitive scientists who had an obsession with the music of Bob Dylan. This life led to the spiritual awakening of the rocker babe within. The urges inside her heart had to be felt out loud.
Influenced by bands such as The Talking Heads, Queens of the Stone Age, The Police, Lou Reed, PJ Harvey, The Clash, David Bowie, The Dead Weather, Elvis Costello, and Nick Cave, Kink Ador’s music delivers with a driving, straight-ahead clarity hard to find in a post-pop wasteland. Koltick brings a sense of purpose and controlled fury to the fore. Her voice conjures the hiding spirit, both power-packed and expressive.
The band is based out of Nashville, TN, with Michael Kisak on guitar, and Jon Mann on drums, the trio has shared the stage with bands such as Wye Oak, Mona, Chancellor Warhol, Empires, Clinic, and performed at US Festivals CMJ, Summerfest, Oranje, Snowball, and in Canada at CMW and Indie Music Week. In Rome, Italy Sharon has collaborated with Italian composer Andrea Farri and their music has appeared in Italian films and theater productions.
Kink Ador’s latest release “Free World” (2013) produced by Ken Coomer is a righteous ride through the American dream with songs like “Pilgrim Song” a moody soaring anthem which sounds like a Pink Floyd song from the future, with gospel singers on the chorus singing “across the land/across the sea/ some lay above/some lay below.” the lyrics discuss the idea of finding home. The record is also highlighted by the punk riff-rock hyper ballad, “Road to Hell,” which describes the dark downward spiral of love, with cheerful lyrics “with my girls we talk/we love to people watch/when were on the road.” For the latest news go to: http://www.kinkador.com
Erin McCarley and Boom Forest debut “Let Me Love You” in the LC studio on 100.1 FM. Boom Forest will be performing at Lightning 100’s Blocktober Fest on October 18th with Walk the Moon, Self, repeat repeat, Tristen and Vinyl Thief. Hurry up and get your discount tickets to the show.
Alanna Royale stops by the Lightning 100 studio to promote their sophomore release Achilles. Check out their performance which includes “Cop Car”, “18”, and Alanna’s shoe size. Click here to listen to the entire album by Alanna Royale.
Praised by many for their “swirly pop beats, infectious guitar riffs, and loud, sing-a-long choruses”, Walk the Moon’s live performances won’t leave you disappointed. Based out of Cincinnati, Ohio and formed by lead singer Nicholas Petricca, Walk the Moon underwent several member changes until 2010 when Kevin Ray, Sean Waugaman, and Eli Maiman joined Petricca to complete the group. That same year, in November of 2010, the group independently released their debut album i want! i want! and quickly began receiving airplay for the track “Anna Sun” on many radio stations, including Lightning 100. The success of “Anna Sun” put Walk the Moon on the Billboard charts, and in the following June of 2012, the group signed with RCA Records and released their first, official, self-titled album Walk the Moon. Since recording their debut album, Walk the Moon has performed at several music festivals including Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, and Sasquatch, and have played alongside acts such as the Local Natives, Grouplove, Young the Giant, and Fun. On September 10th, 2014 the band released their newest single “Shut Up and Dance” in order to promote their third studio album expected to drop later this year.
On Saturday October 18th, 2014, Walk the Moon will be performing at Lightning 100’s Marathon Village Blocktoberfest. The block party will begin at 2:00 pm and feature Walk the Moon, as well as Self, Boomforest, Vinyl Thief, Repeat Repeat, and Scars on 45. You don’t want to miss out on all of this great music, so click here to get your tickets today!
“What I love about Nashville is that there’s such a sense of family here,” claims Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter LP (Laura Pergolizzi) as she sits in Nashville’s own Peter Nappi, a premium Tuscan leather footwear and goods boutique. Born and raised in New York, LP first began her career as a musician in 1998 when she was seen performing by David Lowery of the band Cracker, who later began to help her produce her debut album Heart-Shaped Scar. As her career escalated, LP eventually landed a record deal with Warner Bros. Records, which ultimately lead to the release of her most recent album Forever for Now.
This past September, LP performed at Lightning 100’s Live On The Green Music Festival as well as one of Lightning’s weekly concert series Nashville Sunday Night, broadcasted live from 3rd and Lindsley. “Night Like This”, the leading single from her 2014 album Forever for Now, received airplay on Lightning 100 and was a huge hit during her performance of the song at Nashville Sunday Night. “Night Like This was really fun last night…it was the first time I had seen people really respond to that song,” LP says in this week’s video episode of the live broadcast, “it was more of a communal thing”, she remarks, “I enjoy that part of it.”
Some lucky Lightning 100 listeners got a chance to sit in on a James Bay secret show that took place before his two sold out shows with Hozier in Nashville, TN. Bay played four songs including “If You Ever Wanna Be In Love”, “Let it Go” off of his new EP, “Move Together” and “When We Were On Fire”. Here is an audio clip of the performance.
Lt. Dan Buckley interviews James Mercer and Brian Burton aka Danger Mouse of Broken Bells backstage before their debut at Ryman Auditorium.
Do You Evah want to meet Spoon? Now is your chance! Leave a caption on the photo posted above for a chance to see Spoon perform live in the LC Studio and meet the band! Comments must be approved by Lightning 100. Listeners must be available Friday this morning.
Winner: “…so boys, that’s when your mother and I decided to get out of the swingers’ scene” – Stephen
Since her debut on Season Five of NBC’s The Voice, the name Juhi has rung a bell in many households. Although the show was a major part of her life, the young singer-songwriter does not feel defined by it. Rather, it gave her a fan base to anxiously await the release of her EP. Juhi, born in Norfolk, VA calls Nashville home, and as of February 2014, at only age seventeen, has already released her first EP, Stress Case.
“It all came from a really raw place. All of it has a spur of the moment kind of feel. When people listen to it, I want them to feel that genuineness. The cool thing about music is that lyrics are kind of like poetry, meant to be interpreted however people want to. I want them to listen to the words with the music and translate their feelings into the music off the EP.” – Juhi
Bahamas came by the LC studio before his show in Nashville to perform a couple songs live from his new album, Bahamas is Afie. Including the new single, “Stronger Than That” and “Bitter Memories”. Check out the last time Bahamas came into the Lightning 100 studio.
Over The Rhine stopped by the LC studio in Nashville, TN before performing at Musicians Corner. Over The Rhine performs their title track from their latest album “Meet Me at the Edge of the World” and “Sacred Ground” live on 100.1 FM.
Matt Mahaffey, also known as sElf, debuts a new tune “Runeaway” on 100.1 FM! See Self perform live on October 18th at outside of Marathon Music Works for Blocktoberfest! Lightning 100 is also fortunate to have Walk the Moon, Repeat Repeat, Boom Forrest, Vinyl Thief, and Scars on 45. Click here to get your tickets.
Matt grew up in Kingsport, Tennessee and was involved with music from a young age. He started writing songs and playing the drums at age 4 and would often perform with his brother, Mike Mahaffey, when they were growing up. By age eleven, he was playing drums at Dollywood, Dolly Parton’s theme park in Pigeon Forge. In the mid-nineties he moved to Murfreesboro, TN and attended MTSU where he would live and work for 10 years and co-founded Spongebath Records. He also formed the band Self in 1994. In the early 2000s, Matt relocated from Murfreesboro to Los Angeles, in order to be closer to his record label and to produce.
One of Nashville’s most exciting emerging acts, Future Thieves, comprised of Elliot Collet (vocals and rhythm guitar), Gianni Gibson (drums), Nick Goss (bass), Stan Nickell (lead guitar) and Austin McCool (lead guitar) formed in the fall of 2013. The American rock band can trace their beginnings to previous endeavors between Collet and Nickell, who played an Americana/blues style focused around Collet’s singer/songwriter mentality. After moving to Nashville, the two teamed up with McCool and Goss to form a sound influenced by classic rock and big indie rock. Gibson then joined on and meshed immediately as the group began rehearsing and writing.
Collet, a coal miner’s son from Kentucky, teamed up with the heavily blues influenced Nickell after running live sound for numerous artists and traveling to play shows in and around Nashville. Before moving to Tennessee with Nickell, Collet graduated with an audio engineering degree in Lexington, KY. Nickell’s blues background comes from a similar small town upbringing where his father’s taste in music led Stan to create his own style of guitar phrasing while developing a love of guitar repair and technical work.
Jim Lauderdale is a multiple Grammy and Americana Music Association Award-winning musician and one of the most respected artists working the Americana, Bluegrass and Country music communities today. He’s collaborated with artists like Ralph Stanley, Buddy Miller, and Donna the Buffalo. George Strait, Elvis Costello, Blake Shelton, The Dixie Chicks, Vince Gill, Patty Loveless, and Solomon Burke are just a few of the artists who have recorded his material.
I’m A Song is Lauderdale’s latest country endeavor, his 26th album to date, and his first double album featuring 20 tracks all on one CD. We talked about I’m A Song, Jim’s early days in the music business, working in the mail room at Rolling Stone magazine, his work ethic, collaboration, songwriting, recording, record deals, publishing deals, talent, and why Nashville is so hot right now.
Lightning 100’s Live On The Green 2014 on September 5th and 6th in 2014 with Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes, Augustana, G. Love & Special Sauce, The Wild Feathers, Phin, Sugar & The Hi Lows, Ingrid Michaelson, LP, The Lone Bellow and Jake Bugg.