Tuned in Broadcasting, Inc. – Internship Opportunities
To apply for one or more of the following internships, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning and must receive prior approval from your school to earn and receive credit hours for participating in one of Tuned In Broadcasting’s internship programs.
- Marketing for Lightning 100, Team Green, and Music Business Radio
- Public Relations
- Street Team
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
Spring internship deadline has passed. Please only apply for summer internships.
Please send your intern applications to INTERNS(AT)TunedIn(DOT)com
Tuned in Broadcasting, Inc. – Job Opportunities
Special Events Coordinator
Lightning 100 is currently hiring for a full-time, salaried Special Events Coordinator to assist in our Promotions Department! Those applying for this position should be independent, self-motivated, and responsible, and consistently look for ways to improve promotions and listener engagement at Lightning 100. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 3-5 years of experience in event management is strongly preferred.
The Special Events Coordinator reports to the VP Marketing and VP of Programming in regards to Distribution of Schedule & Duties; Departmental Conflicts; and Corporate Issues (Vacation, Benefits, Expenses, etc.). The Coordinator assists in supervising promotions and tech assistants.
Responsibilities of the Special Events Coordinator Include:
- Prepares and executes an accurate timeline towards proper execution of all Lightning 100 promotional events, including but not limited to live broadcasts, van stops, secret shows, on-site promotions, and Lightning 100 informational booths at community events. Works closely with other staff to coordinate all aspects of internal and on-site activation. Delegates responsibilities and detailed instructions to Promotions Assistants, as applicable.
- Coordinates all items necessary for promotional functions including, but not limited to, signage, banner placement, technical equipment set-up, giveaway registration box materials, promotional fliers, stickers and swag, on-site merchandise sales opportunities, and all materials for on-site contesting or sponsor activation. Organizes and stocks “grab-and-go” promotional totes for each recurring on-site promotion activation. Ensures proper loading and unloading protocol for the station vehicle to reduce risk of damage to promotional equipment.
- Completes or reviews and files promotional recap forms for all on-site promotions including, but not limited to an inventory summary of prizes given during the event, swag inventory given away, on-site merchandise sales, estimated number of attendees, summary of logistical issues, and photographs from each event. Delegates promotional recap responsibilities to the assigned Promotions Assistants for each event, as applicable.
- Works with Director of Programming, Director of Marketing, and Sales Department to help coordinate weekly on-air, online and on-site giveaways; Documents contests on studio log in accordance with company policy, and assists with writing contest rules for unique contesting promotions; provides DJs and on-site promotional staff with a copy of all contesting rules and blank winner sheets for each giveaway item.
- Organizes an inventory of all prizes, merchandise and swag. Updates the inventory summary, and provides a monthly report to immediate supervisor.
- Coordinates use and maintenance of station vehicle(s) including, but not limited to, recording mileage log after each event, logging completed and scheduled vehicle maintenance such as refueling, oil changes, tune-ups, recall updates, and exterior and interior cleaning.
- Handles all promotional administrative tasks, including but not limited to returning departmental calls and emails, maintaining promotional files, coordinating logistical third-party promotional tie-ins (both cash and trade sponsors), running various errands, writing promotional station-event liners, and completing all required internal forms associated with station contests and promotions. Enters giveaway registration form emails into the eNewsletter database.
- Establishes and manages a system for producing live events including budget creation, day-of scheduling, hiring labor, placing necessary orders to vendors, and event recaps.
- Handles planning and execution of the on-site activation elements for Lightning 100 at approved events and festivals. Helps to coordinate proper public messaging around these events.
- Manages print and online advertising trade to further station messaging, working with the Interactive Department to ensure proper timelines for advertising and proper execution of these opportunities.
- Manages station public relations opportunities, including but not limited to press releases, media communications, and station award applications.
- Works to promote cross-brand synergy between different company departments, including programming, promotions, interactive, Team Green, and Live On The Green, creating an open dialogue between these entities on promotional goals and co-branding opportunities.
- Creates and manages a community engagement reporting system for all departments to use, allowing us to track and document community service and philanthropic achievements over time.
Interested candidates should submit a resume detailing relevant education and past experience to jobs(at)tunedin(dot)com.
Please send your job applications to JOBS(AT)TunedIn(DOT)com
WRLT-FM Nashville, Lightning 100 – Production Director (1-6-16)
Lightning 100, Nashville’s Independent Radio, is looking for that rare, imaginative, creative, and technically savvy individual to fill our Production Director position. We are not only looking for a pro tools guru that is quick with editing, producing commercials and station imaging , but one who can remain cool, calm, and collected in high stress studio and on-location recording situations capturing live performances of some of today’s hottest AAA acts. We also want this person to be a team player, have experience in podcast production & distribution, have a great radio voice, and love music. Special attention given to those with experience in multi-track recording, live sound engineering, on-air hosting, as well as knowledge of Nashville’s local music landscape. We look forward to receiving your cover letter, resume, samples of show production and self-authored/produced commercials & imaging…and anything else you think would impress us. Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
VP of Operations & Programming and Program Director
- Oversees entire radio production department, maintains all production systems, production facilities, production room schedules, and shares quality control of facilities with Systems Engineer.
- Leads production staff, guides and instructs staff on production techniques, including getting new air staff up to speed quickly. Monitors the activities of any other staff members (full-time, part-time, and/or temporary) who may be assigned to the production department.
- Processes all incoming production orders and assigns production to production staff.
- Maintains and updates production master library and production master log.
- Executes or delegates all local spot production, network spot production, barter spot production, recurring syndication promos, station IDs, sweepers, liners, recorded promotional production, and dubbing of any “delayed” programming features (network features, satellite feeds, tape-delivered programming, public service programming, or any other regularly-occurring reports).
- Coordinates processing of all new production with the Traffic Manager to insure everything is available for the next broadcast day. Consults with Traffic Manager on any production discrepancies.
- Represents the company and the production department as a creative consultant to the stations’ account executives and their clients, assisting both with copywriting, copy approval, and subsequent recorded spot approval. Oversees, executes and/or delegates all client production requests (dubs, special production, etc.)
- Pulls monthly co-op scripts for invoicing by Business Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the digital archives of produced spots, shows, imaging, recordings of live performances, song library, and any other station produced & recorded audio content.
PRODUCTION DIRECTOR – Job Qualifications
Requires previous supervisory and departmental administrative experience. Must be detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, and able to manage multiple task simultaneously. Must also be proficient in multi-track production and digital editing technology (see technical qualifications below).
PRODUCTION DIRECTOR – Technical Qualifications
Proficient with the following:
- ENCO DAD 486x (or DADPRO) Digital Audio Delivery System
- Various studio outboard gear
- Current versions Pro-Tools & associated plugins
- Voicing commercials & other station imaging
Previous experience with the following:
- Music editing techniques
- MusicMaster software
- Live performance sound mixing & recording
- Multi-track recording
- Digital archiving and retrieval
- Podcast production & editing
- Podcast distribution (on various digital platforms)
- Station imaging copywriting and production
Knowledge preferred with the following:
- Nashville local music scene
- New Rock and AAA music formats
Please send your job applications to JOBS(AT)TunedIn(DOT)com