Elliot Root, Shakey Graves, and Lord Huron graced the stage on the night of Thursday, August 20th, the first night of Live On the Green 2015.
As can only be expected in Music City, a crowd of thousands showed out at the first of six shows in Lightning 100’s annual free concert series held in Public Square Park.
Up first was local band, Elliot Root. Contrary to first assumptions, Elliot Root a band comprised of five people.
“We would like for people to know that music is this other worldly thing, but it’s also really just people doing the best they can!” laughed Elliot Root front-man, Scott Krueger. “We want to be as honest as possible in our music, and for our fans to be just as honest with us and themselves when they listen.”
Inspired by punk, R&B, and the inspirational writings of the Persian poet, Rumi, Krueger aims to write romantically and with the same sense of mysticism.
Lightning 100 is proud to announce the highly anticipated artist lineup for the 2015 Live On The Green Music Festival! Scheduled to run Thursday August 20, 27, September 3 and Thursday thru Saturday, September 10, 11 & 12; the festival will feature headlining artists Ben Folds, Passion Pit, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Cold War Kids, and Lord Huron with more to be announced.
Don’t forget to use #LOTG2015 to share the news with your friends online! Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for supporting Live On The Green seven years running!
One of the most exciting changes for 2015 is the addition of a second stage to the three day weekend finale on September 10, 11 & 12.
The second stage, located at the corner of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Avenue North, will feature a mixture of rising local talent and national acts.
The festival site footprint will be similar to the 2014 event, encompassing all of 3rd Avenue North between Union Street and James Robertson Parkway, and will extend up Deaderick Street to 4th Avenue.
Blue Chair Bay Rum, Blue Moon Brewing Company, Erie Insurance, Regions Bank, Red Bull, Carl Black Chevrolet, Doubletree by Hilton-Nashville, Coca-Cola, Thorntons Inc., Griffin Technology, Piedmont Natural Gas, eScore from TVA, Bacon & Caviar Gourmet Catering, Edley’s BBQ, UBS Financial, Mellow Mushroom, Team Green Adventures, Pioneer Coach, Acme Feed & Seed, Governor’s Highway Safety Office, Friendly Arctic Printing & Design, Green Village Recycling, Walk/Bike Nashville.
Make sure to tag #L100life in your photos!
Lake Street Dive performs a secret show for a few lucky fans at Hangout Music Festival. Check out this performance of “You Go Down Smooth” live at Hangout Music Fest. Click here to check out some of the photos from Hangout 2015.
Photography by Morgan Yingling
Sloss Music and Arts Festival start off strong with an amazing first year lineup. Only 3 hours away from Nashville, this festival will take place in Birmingham, AL on July 18-19th. Tickets go on sale at Thursday, March 27th at 10am.
Forecastle Festival is a port-of-call where the world gathers to experience the best in Music, Art, Activism. The 2015 festival will be 7/17-19 on the Louisville Waterfront. A Forecastle is a superstructure at the bow of a ship where the crew is housed. Hard at work in the unruly sea, it’s a place workers gather after a long day to unwind. A place where the people come together, for one whale of a good time.
The 2015 CounterPoint Music Festival Lineup has arrived!! Join us over Memorial Day Weekend for CounterPoint’s 3rd Anniversary!
Tickets go on sale for Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival on January 17th and noon (EST).
Lightning 100 will be doing a live update during #BLAM! Full lineup will be released at 8pm.
Kendrick Lamar, Billy Joel, Run the Jewels, Slayer, Dawes, Spoon, Flying Lotus, Shakey Graves, Belle and Sebastian, the War on Drugs, Moon Taxi, My Morning Jacket, Punch Brothers, Caribou, Mac DeMarco, Sylvan Esso, Jamie xx, Iceage, Rustie, Robert Plant, Tears for Fears, Florence and the Machine, Shabazz Palaces, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Against Me!, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Courtney Barnett, Pallbearer, SBTRKT, Flume, Woods, Alabama Shakes, Atmosphere, Dej Loaf, Earth Wind & Fire, SZA, Rhiannon Giddens, Hiss Golden Messenger, Tanya Tagaq, MØ, Tycho, Bleachers, Temples, the Very Best, and more.
Tickets to the 2015 Hangout Music Festival will go on sale at 10 am EST, Tuesday, January 12. Wonder what Hangout Music Festival is like? Your friends at WRLT have attend the festival since the beginning in 2010, bringing you backstage performances and interviews from some of your favorite artist. Click here to check out Lightning 100’s festival coverage featuring Micheal Franti, The Lumineers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Brandi Carlile, Justin Townes Earle, John and Jacob, The TonTons, and more! Lightning 100 teams up with Mellow Mushroom for the second annual Hangout Games starting later this month! Stay tuned for more details coming your way.
Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival released “The 12 Days Of Roo Clues” to give you a few hints on the 2015 lineup release. Each day, Bonnaroo has released a clue for different artist performing on the farm in June. Can you guess any of the artist?
Coachella returns to Indio, California on 4/10-12 and 4/17-19. Get tickets here starting this Wednesday, 1/7 at noon PST.
Lightning 100’s Live On The Green 2014 on September 5th and 6th in 2014 with Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes, Augustana, G. Love & Special Sauce, The Wild Feathers, Phin, Sugar & The Hi Lows, Ingrid Michaelson, LP, The Lone Bellow and Jake Bugg.
1. #1 has got to be our Apache Relay golf cart video. Brian the web guy and I dreamed up this idea very late one night at Bonnaroo. I taped the mic to the back of the cart and we had 4 cameras on this ride. It will forever be my favorite moment on the farm.
2. This was one of the 1st videos Brian the web guy and I made. It still makes me laugh. Apparently there is a lot of poo and drugs in the water…
3. 17 things I forgot to take to Bonnaroo. You should know I was really into Alt J at the time this video was made. Alt J…and tank tops. Pickle?
4. Moon Taxi singing the Bonnaroo song in a ….wait for it…port-o-john. Anyone who has been to the Roo knows that Port-o-potties aren’t meant for extended visits. We got this in one shot, I ran sound sitting on the ground. It was gross and awesome all at once.
5. #5 has got to be The Punch Brothers and Sarah Jaroz playing “Cry Cry Darling” in the radio compound. Sometimes things just happen really organically and this was one of those times. Chris Thile of The Punch Brothers had been mixing drinks for everyone all night and decided he wanted to jam with 19 year old Sarah Jaroz. I was so happy to have been there for this!
6. This was the 1st time me and B-dub got to meet The Weeks. We were fans instantly!
7. I loved the Ben Sollee video from CenteRoo. There were a bunch of folks hanging under the shade tree just waiting for the next band to play The Which Stage, little did they know they were getting awesome seats to a really cool show. I really like his theory of how the Globe burned down as well.
8. I have never had so much fun running sound for a shoot. Cheer Up Charlie Daniels cracks me up!
9. We like hip hop at Lightning 100 too! Chancellor Warhol is one bad dude.
10. As far as song writing goes, Caitlin Rose’s Shanghai Cigarettes is about as good as it gets.
Catfish & The Bottlemen