Photography by Morgan Yingling
Photography by Morgan Yingling
Sloss Music and Arts Festival start off strong with an amazing first year lineup. Only 3 hours away from Nashville, this festival will take place in Birmingham, AL on July 18-19th. Tickets go on sale at Thursday, March 27th at 10am.
Forecastle Festival is a port-of-call where the world gathers to experience the best in Music, Art, Activism. The 2015 festival will be 7/17-19 on the Louisville Waterfront. A Forecastle is a superstructure at the bow of a ship where the crew is housed. Hard at work in the unruly sea, it’s a place workers gather after a long day to unwind. A place where the people come together, for one whale of a good time.
The 2015 CounterPoint Music Festival Lineup has arrived!! Join us over Memorial Day Weekend for CounterPoint’s 3rd Anniversary!
Tickets go on sale for Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival on January 17th and noon (EST).
Lightning 100 will be doing a live update during #BLAM! Full lineup will be released at 8pm.
Kendrick Lamar, Billy Joel, Run the Jewels, Slayer, Dawes, Spoon, Flying Lotus, Shakey Graves, Belle and Sebastian, the War on Drugs, Moon Taxi, My Morning Jacket, Punch Brothers, Caribou, Mac DeMarco, Sylvan Esso, Jamie xx, Iceage, Rustie, Robert Plant, Tears for Fears, Florence and the Machine, Shabazz Palaces, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Against Me!, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Courtney Barnett, Pallbearer, SBTRKT, Flume, Woods, Alabama Shakes, Atmosphere, Dej Loaf, Earth Wind & Fire, SZA, Rhiannon Giddens, Hiss Golden Messenger, Tanya Tagaq, MØ, Tycho, Bleachers, Temples, the Very Best, and more.
Tickets to the 2015 Hangout Music Festival will go on sale at 10 am EST, Tuesday, January 12. Wonder what Hangout Music Festival is like? Your friends at WRLT have attend the festival since the beginning in 2010, bringing you backstage performances and interviews from some of your favorite artist. Click here to check out Lightning 100’s festival coverage featuring Micheal Franti, The Lumineers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Brandi Carlile, Justin Townes Earle, John and Jacob, The TonTons, and more! Lightning 100 teams up with Mellow Mushroom for the second annual Hangout Games starting later this month! Stay tuned for more details coming your way.
Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival released “The 12 Days Of Roo Clues” to give you a few hints on the 2015 lineup release. Each day, Bonnaroo has released a clue for different artist performing on the farm in June. Can you guess any of the artist?
Coachella returns to Indio, California on 4/10-12 and 4/17-19. Get tickets here starting this Wednesday, 1/7 at noon PST.
Lightning 100’s Live On The Green 2014 on September 5th and 6th in 2014 with Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes, Augustana, G. Love & Special Sauce, The Wild Feathers, Phin, Sugar & The Hi Lows, Ingrid Michaelson, LP, The Lone Bellow and Jake Bugg.
1. #1 has got to be our Apache Relay golf cart video. Brian the web guy and I dreamed up this idea very late one night at Bonnaroo. I taped the mic to the back of the cart and we had 4 cameras on this ride. It will forever be my favorite moment on the farm.
2. This was one of the 1st videos Brian the web guy and I made. It still makes me laugh. Apparently there is a lot of poo and drugs in the water…
3. 17 things I forgot to take to Bonnaroo. You should know I was really into Alt J at the time this video was made. Alt J…and tank tops. Pickle?
4. Moon Taxi singing the Bonnaroo song in a ….wait for it…port-o-john. Anyone who has been to the Roo knows that Port-o-potties aren’t meant for extended visits. We got this in one shot, I ran sound sitting on the ground. It was gross and awesome all at once.
5. #5 has got to be The Punch Brothers and Sarah Jaroz playing “Cry Cry Darling” in the radio compound. Sometimes things just happen really organically and this was one of those times. Chris Thile of The Punch Brothers had been mixing drinks for everyone all night and decided he wanted to jam with 19 year old Sarah Jaroz. I was so happy to have been there for this!
6. This was the 1st time me and B-dub got to meet The Weeks. We were fans instantly!
7. I loved the Ben Sollee video from CenteRoo. There were a bunch of folks hanging under the shade tree just waiting for the next band to play The Which Stage, little did they know they were getting awesome seats to a really cool show. I really like his theory of how the Globe burned down as well.
8. I have never had so much fun running sound for a shoot. Cheer Up Charlie Daniels cracks me up!
9. We like hip hop at Lightning 100 too! Chancellor Warhol is one bad dude.
10. As far as song writing goes, Caitlin Rose’s Shanghai Cigarettes is about as good as it gets.
Red Bull Sound Select artist The Tontons perform an acoustic version of “Kidd Cemetery” live on the lazy river at Hangout Music Fest 2014. Filmed and edited by Make It Pop Creations
The good ole boys from Tennessee, The Black Cadillacs, decided to surprise some fans with an acoustic performance after their set. The band setup in the giant Hangout chair that has been at the festival every year! Check out this world premiere of “Methodrone” live at Hangout Music Fest. Lightning 100 first found out about the band after winning Red Bull Sound Select‘s battle of the bands for the chance to go to Austin during SXSW. Click here to see photos from the show in 2013.
Lightning 100 partnered with Hangout Music Festival and Red Bull Sound Select for the chance to get out of Nashville and to go film some bands on the beach! John & Jacob kicked off the festival to a pretty large crowd at the Red Bull Sound Select Stage. The guys decided to surprise a lovely group of ladies with a beachside performance of the song “Ride With Me”. The ladies repaid them with hugs and sandwiches. Click here to watch the video! John & Jacob recently played Nashville Sunday Night for Lightning 100. Make It Pop Creations also filmed their performance live performance from 3rd & Lindsley! Read more
Lightning 100 is down at Hangout Music Festival for the weekend. Stay tuned for backstage performances from some of your favorite Lightning 100 artist!
LIGHTNING 100’S LIVE ON THE GREEN MUSIC FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2014 DATES
AUGUST 14, 21, 28
THREE-DAY FESTIVAL TO SERVE AS FINALE EVENT
SEPTEMBER 4, 5, 6
* * * * *
ALL DATES REMAIN FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* * * * *
2014 FEATURES EXPANDED ARTIST LINE-UP AND FESTIVAL SITE
OFFICIAL LINE-UP ANNOUNCEMENT JUNE 26, 2014
VIP TICKETS ON SALE JUNE 26, 2014
Nashville, TN (April 23, 2014) – Live On The Green Music Festival organizers and representatives from Lightning 100, along with Nashville Mayor Karl Dean, announced a number of exciting changes to Live On The Green Music Festival today. In its sixth year, Nashville’s premiere free music series, which takes place at Public Square Park in downtown Nashville, will kick off the 2014 season with three consecutive Thursdays – August 14, 21, 28 and wrap up with a weekend finale planned for September 4, 5 and 6.