Tuned in Broadcasting, Inc. – Internship Opportunities
To apply for one or more of the following internships, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning and must receive prior approval from your school to earn and receive credit hours for participating in one of Tuned In Broadcasting’s internship programs.
- Marketing for Lightning 100, Team Green, and Music Business Radio
- Public Relations
- Street Team
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
Please send your intern applications to INTERNS(AT)TunedIn(DOT)com
Position: Account Executive
FCC 395-B Classification: Full-Time / Professional
Pay Class & Schedule: Exempt (Salary) + Commission;
8:30am – 5:30pm MTWRF (minimum)
Reporting Responsibilities: Reports to Director of Sales & Marketing
Managerial Responsibilities: (none)
1. Serve as an advertising/marketing consultant and sales specialist for Tuned In Broadcasting’s (TIB) various media products and services. Brainstorm ideas for prospective clients using the company’s FM radio station (“Lightning 100″) integrated with various TIB interactive media products. The goal will be to generate new business for the radio station’s web site and other integrated programs utilizing TIB’s various on-air, on-line and mobile products;
2. Perform normal sales functions including (but not limited to) the following: prospect for new business, set appointments, conduct fact finding, solve problems, propose solutions, close sales, service accounts, develop and manage an independent account list, and adhere to all TIB corporate policies and procedures while conducting such activities;
3. Develop and manage the marketing of advertising platforms to clients through various methods utilizing (but not limited to) the following: Lightning 100′s FM radio station, the live internet stream of Lightning 100′s FM signal, Lightning 100′s web site and its sub-brand micro-sites. Support this process by selling on-line sponsorships, banner advertising, unique links, classified advertising, podcasts of various station programs and audio streams, relevant audio/video/photo files, mobile advertising, SMS text messaging, on-line merchandising, e-commerce and on-line contests and promotions as required;
4. Have superior command of a personalized sales presentation of the company’s various products and services, and be able to deliver it flawlessly and passionately to any internal or external audience;
5. Attend and actively participate in daily sales meetings and all other required meetings as determined by sales management;
6. Submit all necessary paperwork associated with new and/or existing clients in a timely manner, including (but not limited to) the following: credit applications, sales contracts, insertion orders, promotional worksheets, production orders, and/or any other documentation as requested by sales management;
7. Submit all regular required weekly sales reports by a pre-determined deadline set by sales management;
8. Responsible for all after-the-sale follow-through activities, including (but not limited to) the following: attendance and representation at all client-sponsored events and remotes, perform post-buy analysis, seek repeat business, and the COLLECTION OF ALL AMOUNTS DUE by each client on assigned personal account list;
9. Comply with published departmental requirements, the TIB Sales Department Handbook, TIB Sales Compensation Policy, and TIB General Employee Handbook. Adhere to all policies and procedures noted within each;
10. Perform as a “team player” within the department while striving to achieve individual monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals;
11. Follow directives of the Director of Sales & Marketing (DOS), General Manager (GM) and Owner;
12. Follow all of the regulations, laws, and policies of all governmental and regulatory agencies which influence station operation or policies. Report suspected violations to GM and Owner.
v1.3 06/13/2012Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc., 1310 Clinton Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37203 615-242-5600 / FAX: 615-523-2153 http://www.WRLT.com
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related major
2+ years of successful outside sales experience
Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Preferred: Previous media sales and/or online advertising sales experience
The ideal candidate will be experienced in selling media advertising and/or marketing solutions in a multi-platform environment with proven success. The candidate must be a self-starter, assertive, vibrant and outgoing with excellent communication skills. This candidate should possess a professional appearance, be an outstanding presenter, one who is highly organized, able to multi-task, deadline-driven, and able to demonstrate superior interpersonal and collaborative skills.
The ideal candidate should already be knowledgeable about the metrics of traditional media, especially radio, television and print, and preferably familiar with the metrics of new media. Any previous online and/or development experience will be extremely helpful.
Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, subject to DMV check.
Tuned In Broadcasting, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Jobs@lightning100.com