Nashville’s Willie and the Giant stopped by the studio to play a few tunes. The band performs “Loose Ends” and “Poor Boy” live in the LC Studio at Lighting 100. See Willie and the Giant perform with Liz Cooper and Easy Roscoe for FREE at Tin Roof Nashville on April 16th. Click here to listen to the interview and performance!
Elliot Root is an american alternative music group based in the heart of Music City Nashville. Challenged by the surrounding music scene, Elliot Root has received attention for their eclectic mix-up of impactful melodies and an ever changing variety of soundscapes inﬂuenced by the bands many musical heroes of all genres.
Link for Pre-order : http://bit.ly/ThoughtsFromYesterday
Shaky Knees Sing-Off Tickets- Contest Rules
Sponsored By Sam’s Sports Grill
Contest Dates- 4/18/2015 and 4/25/2015
- Entry Procedure:
Only the first 20 people to sign up at Sam’s Sports Grill in Hillsboro village will be guaranteed a chance to perform. Sign up starts at12:45 PM on April 18, 2015 and April 25, 2015.
- Where to Register:
Contestants can register at Sam’s Sports Grill in Hillsboro Village, 1803 21st Ave SNashville, TN starting at 12:45 PM CT.
- Contestant Age:
Contestants must be 18 years or olderfor the “Shaky Knees’ Sing Off” contest. Grand prize winner must be 18 years or older. There is no cost to contestants to participate. And there is no purchase necessary.Must be present to win.
Contestants will be allowed one (1) free entry for attending the contest during the contesting period and one (1) additional entry for performing. The maximum number of performers will be 20, signed up on a first come first served basis, starting at 12:45 PM CT.
- Performance: The following applies to any and all “Shaky Knees’ Sing Off contests”:
- Contest open to individual performers only. No duets, trios, bands or live instruments.
- Entrants can sign up to perform one song each day of the contest, and will be allowed to perform additional songs as time allows, as determined by Lightning 100.
- No live instruments will be accepted
- Performers will choose from a list of songs provided by Lightning 100. Song selection will be on a first come first served basis. Once a song is selected, it will be removed from the list for that day. Each song can be performed up to one (1) time per contest day. Lightning 100 will allow write-in song requests solely at the hosts discretion.
- No special lighting, props or special effects may be used.
- This contest is a family friendly event. All performances must be age appropriate, and no content which Lighting 100 or affiliated sponsors deem inappropriate or offensive may be performed. Lighting 100 reserves the right to disqualify any contestant or Entrant for any reason at the sole discretion of Lightning 100 and it’s on-site staff.
- Local Contest Prize, Value, and Odds of winning:
A grand prize of 2 General Admission tickets to Shaky Knees Music Festival, May 8 – 12 2015, will be given to the winner of the event eachSaturday.
A “3 Full Day Pass” admission ticket to Shaky Knees Music Festival 2015 is valued at $215 not including tax. The grand prize value is around $430 + tax. The grand prize does not include travel, lodging or any other accomodations. Odds of winning depend on number of Entrants added and participants on a given contest day.
- Assumption of Risk:
By entering the contest, and Entrant and/or participant assumes all risks of property damage, act of got, or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the event. Entrants, and/or participants agree not to bring against any national sponsor or Lightning 100 (Tuned In Broadcasting Inc.) any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during local events.
- Good Character:
Entrant understands that he/she may be disqualified immediately from any level of competition if they commit any act or become involved in any situation that negatively affects Lightning 100, Sams Sports Grill, or any sponsors. Lightning 100 reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant at any time for any reason. All decisions made by Lightning 100 will be final and binding.
By entering and/or participating in this contest, Entrant confirms that he/she:
Is at least 18 years old and eligible for the Grand Prize.
Is not an owner, controlling stockholder or employee of any of the contest sponsors.
Has not won anything from WRLT in the past 30 Days.
Does not live in the same household as any local judge, the radio station sponsoring the contest, or any employee, controlling stockholder, owner, officer or agent of any of the contest sponsors.
One of our favorite locals, Will Hoge stopped by the LC studio to debut a few new tunes from his recent release Small Town Dreams. Lt. Dan was glad to get Will back on 100.1 FM airwaves. WRLT filmed Will performing “Little Bitty Dreams” and “The Last Thing I Needed” live in studio. Click here to watch some of Will’s earlier performances on Lightning 100.
Episode146. the615 4/13/15
Local Artist of the week
Elliot Root – Punks And Poets – II
Hammel - Jeff The Brotherhood – Karaoke TN or Coat Check Girl – Wasted On The Dream
Wells - Luella – Set The Record Straight ( Playin’ The Basement tonight w/ Rachel Hester, The Western Shore)
This Just In
Matt Haeck – Lucky Cigarette – Late Bloomer
Boy Named Banjo – Long Story Short- Long Story Short
Tiger Panther – St. Augustine
Live in the LC studios – Jeffery James
(Playin’ Communion Nashville Presents Thursday 4/16/15 at Mercy Lounge w/ Hey Rosetta!, Kevin Garrett and Soft White Sixties)
Jeffery James (Live) – Walls
Jeffery James (Live) – Good Friends
Bands Around Town (Playin’ Thursdays 4/16/15 at Tin Roof FREE SHOW!)
Easy Roscoe – Alright ; Regina
Liz Cooper & the Stampede – Monsters
Willie and the Giant – Loose Ends
“I reached some plains so vast, that I did not find their limit anywhere I went . . . with no more land marks than if we had been swallowed up by the sea . . . . there was not a stone, nor bit of rising ground, nor a tree, nor a shrub, nor anything to go by.”—Francisco Vázquez de Coronado, 1541
Ryan Culwell grew up in a forgotten place. His songs were forged in the great void that is the panhandle of Texas—The Great In-Between, a land so desolate that few even thought to settle there until oil was discovered beneath the emptiness. And the solitude of the plains comes pouring out of him when he opens his mouth to sing. Like an approaching dust storm, Culwell’s songs whisper and howl and embed the dirt of the flatlands deep into your skin.
Growing up in the middle of all that flatness seems to have amplified Culwell’s soul; his songs shine forth like the stars in West Texas on a clear night. Culwell spent most his life among the company of roughneck oilfield men in a small town near the epicenter of the Dust Bowl. “My dad and brother have always worked the kind of jobs that required them to wake up at three in the morning to fix whatever went wrong, even if the wind was blowing sixty miles per hour and it was five degrees. People think I exaggerate this kind of work ethic, and they damn sure think I exaggerate the weather in the panhandle.”
Like an oil rigger drilling for crude, Culwell’s songs penetrate deep into the essence of the Great Plains. In “Darkness” he sings: “Wind ain’t blown here in days, it’s strange and lonely/
the only sound is some old men in the diner talkin bout rain/ but that’s only hearsay/ don’t believe we’ll see no rain/ then again I seen stranger things/ like a whole world that’s flat.”
Despite hailing from a place that ignores the presence of the outside world, Culwell has become something of a searcher, an intellectual nomad. Amid his tales of oilfields and honky- tonks, he’s likely to quote the poet Geoffrey Hill (“Can Absence be a god, or have we made an idol of our emptiness?”) or the French mystic Simone Weil: “We must be rooted in the absence of a place. We must take the feeling of being home into exile.”
It was only when Culwell went into exile in Nashville that he truly got in touch with the “absence of place” that is his home. Ryan Culwell is no rhinestoned Texas troubadour—he counts Bob Dylan, John Lee Hooker, and Woody Guthrie as influences. In fact, Culwell hails from the same stretch of prairie where Guthrie spent his most formative years, and like Guthrie, he has emerged as a poet of the plains. Of the legendary songwriter from Pampa Culwell says: “Guthrie was defined by the whole experience [of the Dust Bowl in the Texas Panhandle] but expressed that identity in leaving. We hear a lot about the trail of people leaving. We know the sound of exodus, but what does it sound like to stay?”
At the age of thirty-one, after moving from Amarillo Texas to Music City, Culwell began playing what he calls “bigger” songs. But he heard the flatlands calling to him, and he found himself writing secret songs about his roots on the open plains—songs about “what it sounds like to stay,” thought he hadn’t. Soon enough, these were the only tunes anyone wanted to hear. These songs became Flatlands, Culwell’s debut album from Lightning Rod Records (Jason Isbell, Amanda Shires, Billy Joe Shaver, James McMurtry).
On the opening track of the record, “Amarillo,” Ryan comes out swinging: “What am I gonna do with this? Just walk around waving two white fists?/ Am I throwing punches or singing
songs?/ Have I been here for way too long?” The song is a paean to those who choose to live their whole lives in a place where “most people won’t even stay the night.” Songs like this have garnered Culwell almost prophet-like status among the disaffected youth of the Llano Estacado. But his songs are not regional. The high plains are Solitude Amplified; we have all, at one time or another, felt the kind of epic absence that Culwell spins so effortlessly into song.
Listening to these songs about the empty plains, we also encounter something unexpected: hope. In many ways, Flatlands is an optimistic record, like a lighted window seen from many miles away. On the eponymous track Culwell sings: “The earth can break a man/ But I will take my stand/ I’ll climb my mountains/ Out in the Flatlands.” And on “I Will Come For You” when he cajoles, “Let’s head on out to the front porch/ And wait for the cold to come,” an almost giddy joy can be heard behind his lonesome Texas drawl.
The tenderness on this record will surprise listeners who first encounter Culwell’s weather-beaten resolve. But this, too, comes from Culwell’s dualistic relationship with his home. Like many from West Texas, he loves this land and he hates it. He’s not unlike Tom Joad: tough, but gentle. But tough. A Culwell song brings to mind an old sharecropper who limps into the town diner on a Sunday morning. The man’s weary face commands respect, but his limp puts you at ease somehow.
While Culwell is poised to take American music halls by storm with these “secret” songs, he remains humble: a man devoted to his wife and daughters and enthralled by the art of songcraft. “I don’t want to tell the world that I’ve worked harder than other artists. I probably haven’t. But I have kept my head in the game long enough to write a couple of decent songs. It’s not really different than the farmers who stuck it out in years of drought or just pushed their necks out when the wind blew all their topsoil away.”
Rhiannon Giddens helped us celebrate our 25th birthday at the City Winery on April 4, 2015. A few lucky listeners won the opportunity to enjoy this intimate show live. If you weren’t able to win enjoy the Rhiannon Gidden’s Secret show on demand now! We also have photos from the show posted below.
Episode145. the615 4/6/15
Local Artist of the week
Ryan Culwell – Flatlands – Flatlands
Hammel - Mikky Ekko – Burning Doves – Time
Wells - Foreign Fields - I Have Your Weapons – What I Kept Hiding
This Just In
Blackfoot Gypsies – Pork Rind
Stacey Randol – Abducted
Arc & Stones – Wait For You – (Single)
Daphne & The Mystery Machines- Learn To Fall (NSN Ben Miller Band)
Bands Around Town-
Omega Swan - Hate Love (Playin’ Live Thursday 4/9/15 at Exit/In w/ That’s My Kid and Kat Milk Blu)
KOA – Cool It Down (Playin’ Live Friday4/10/15 at Exit In w/ Family and Friends, and Caleb Groh)
Milktooth – Wild Before Our Eyes (Playin’ live Saturday 4/11/15 at Exit/In w/ Apache Relay)
Griffin House – I Remember (Playin’ Live Saturday 4/ 11/15 at City Winery)
Father John Misty performing “I Love You, Honeybear”, “Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins)”, and “Only Son of the Ladiesman”
Father John Misty performed a secret show for some very lucky Lightning 100 listeners. Warning, this recording contains adult content and language. Father John Misty took requests from the audience, and his set included “I Love You, Honeybear”, “Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins)”, and “Only Son of the Ladiesman”.
Lightning 100, Team Green Adventures, and Nashville Repertory Theatre are teaming up for an Instagram SIBLING photo contest in honor of Nashville Rep Presents: Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike. The story revolves around the relationship between three middle-aged siblings, two of whom live together at their family’s ranch home. Then comes their sister, Masha, a fading movie star who supports them and now threatens to sell the house. Toss in her 20-something boy-toy Spike, a cleaning woman cursed with the power of prophecy, and a neighborhood costume party that turns everything upside down, and the stage is set for one hilarious weekend in the country.
During the Morning Show on Lightning 100, Wells Adams will encourage listeners to post their best SIBLING pictures and #nashvillerep. Listen to WRLT 100.1 FM or stream the show at Lightning100.com to hear Wells make his call to action. He’ll announce each day what time the photos need to be uploaded by, then he’ll pick his favorite photo! Each winner will receive ticket vouchers for Nashville Rep Presents: Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike, and will be entered into a random drawing for the Grand Prize!
When: April 6-10th (one entry per day)
Participants are entering for a chance to win a free ticket voucher to see Nashville Rep Presents: Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike, plus entry into the Grand Prize drawing:
- Dinner at The Southern Steak & Oyster ($100 gift card)
- Pure an Organic Salon Gift Card (The Pure Package)
- 2 Annual Team Green Adventures Memberships
- 2 VIP tickets to St. Jude Country Music Marathon Start & Finish line hospitality and special viewing privileges
Click here fore official rules.
Lightning 100’s Bonnaroo Brunch 2015
These rules govern the Bonnaroo Brunch Promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by WRLT-FM Lightning 100 (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Sunday, April 12, 2015 and ends on Sunday, May 17, 2015 (the “Promotion Dates”).
Each Sunday during the Promotion Dates, Lightning 100 will hold “Bonnaroo Brunch” events at Two Bits. Entrants will compete in the “High Score Tournament” for a chance to win a Grand Prize package to the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2015. Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2015 takes place June 11-14, 2015 in Manchester, TN. No purchase necessary, must be present to win, and must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
Grand prize package consists of: (2) general admission passes to Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival 2015;
Festival information at: www.bonnaroo.com
HOW TO ENTER:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Must be present to win. To participate in the Promotion, eligible entrants may register at Two Bits each Sunday beginning on Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 12 Noon CDT and ending on Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 1:59pm CDT (the “Entry Period”) as follows:
Join us at Two Bits – 1516 Demonbreun Street, Nashville, TN 37203 – each Sunday, between 12 NOON – 2 PM CDT during the Entry Period and sign-in to play in the “High Score Video Game Tournament” that day.
The Entry Period will take place between 12 PM and 2 PM each Sunday of the Promotion Period.
During the Bonnaroo Brunch event each Sunday during the Entry Period, each player participating in the High Score Video Game Tournament may exchange winning video game scores and/or rounds for entry into the Grand Prize drawing. One entry per win, the maximum number of entries an individual entrant can have is five (5) per event. Each video game must be played according to its own rules unless an alternative way to play or win is specified by a representative of the Station during the promotion period.
a. The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U. S. residents, who are 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of the Station, Tin Roof LLC, Two Bits, their corporate affiliates, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
b. The winner(s) may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize(s).
c. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
d. Grand Prize drawing will be held Sunday, May 17, 2015 at the conclusion of Bonnaroo Brunch (approximately 2pm CDT on May 17th) at Two Bits. Eligible participants MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN and 18 years of age or older.
PRIZES AND VALUE
Winners must provide information including their legal name, address, date of birth, and phone number.
a. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Promotion. The grand prize is general admission access for two (2) (Prize winner and one (1) guest, 18 or older) to attend Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2015 and includes the following: (a) two (2) GENERAL ADMISSION passes and camping privileges at 2015 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, TN, June 11-14, 2015
b. Bonnaroo General Admission Price Level 2 tickets are valued at $324.50 per ticket, plus ticket fees of $32.75 per ticket, which includes a $6.00 facility fee, a $3.00 contribution to Coffee County, plus $2.00 donation to the Bonnaroo Works fund and other fees. The total Sweepstakes Grand prize is valued at $714.50.
c. No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within ten (10) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
d. Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
a. Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
b. On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at approximately 2:00pm CDT the Station will randomly select one (1) Prize winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner must be present to win at the time of the drawing. If he or she fails to be present, the drawing will continue in until a present, eligible winner is selected.
c. The Station will notify the Prize winner via e-mail/phone by or on Monday, May 18, 2015.
d. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
e. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. The winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of winning or prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s), fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s).
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
b. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
c. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
d. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
e. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, illegible and incomplete entries; (v) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
f. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
g. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s).
h. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Bonnaroo Brunch Promotion– Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WRLT 1310 Clinton Street Suite 200 Nashville, TN 37203. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 1, 2015 to the above address marked “Bonnaroo Brunch Promotion– Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at www.Lightning100.com.
Administrator: Tuned In Broadcasting “Lightning 100” 1310 Clinton St. Suite 215 Nashville, TN 37203
Sponsor: Tin Roof LLC, Nashville, TN 37207
My Morning Jacket will release their seventh studio album, “The Waterfall,” on May 4th. It will be their first release since “Circuital” in 2011. The band started recording “The Waterfall” in 2013 while at the Panoramic House Studio in Stinson Beach, California. In an interview, they stated that they often use their location for inspiration when recording new music. Frontman Jim James stated that, “For me, every record has the spirit of where we made it. Stinson Beach was so psychedelic and focused. It was almost like we lived on our own little moon out there. It feels like you’re up in the sky.”
“The Waterfall” was recorded with producer-engineer Tucker Martine, who previously worked with the band on their sixth album “Circuital” in 2011. With this particular album, they decided to take a more spontaneous approach to the recording process and skip the rehearsal period altogether. The result was 24 tracks that were split into two different albums, with the second being released in 2016. Their lead single, “Big Decisions,” is currently available for purchase on iTunes and their summer tour kicks off on May 15th in Athens, Georgia.
LIGHTNING 100’S ROAD TO ROO CONTEST AND SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE A BAND MEMBER’S/SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Promotion constitutes Participants full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein
- PROMOTION PERIOD AND PHASES: The “Lightning 100’s Road to Roo” Contest and Sweepstakes begins on April 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) and ends on or about May 9, 2015 at 11:00 PM CT (the “Promotion Period”). The Contest and Sweepstakes are collectively referred to as the “Promotion”. The Administrator’s clock (defined in Section 2) is the official Promotion clock.
- The “Contest” portion of the Promotion consists of the following “Phases”:
- A “Submission Phase” which begins on April 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM (noon) CT and ends on April 8, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM CT. During the Submission Phase, an eligible “Band” may upload an “Audio File,” both defined in Section 5, to www.Lightning100.com (the “Website”).
- A “Judging Phase” begins on April 12 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends on April 19, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM ET. During the Judging Phase, a panel of expert judges (the “Semi-Finalist Judges”) will judge each Semi-Finalist Band to determine eight (8) “Semi-Finalist Bands”. Bands will be notified of selection the week of April 20th.
iii. A “Public Showcase Phase” which begins the week of April 27, 2015 (Showcase #1); continues the week of May 4, 2015 (showcase #2); and ends on or about May 9, 2015. Showcase #1 and #2 will each feature (4) “Semi-Finalist Bands”; the top two (2) bands from each Showcase with the highest scores as defined in Section 5 will move on to the final Nashville Showcase (Showcase #3). On or about May 11, 2015, these four (4) Bands with the highest scores will play Showcase #3 with the highest scoring band of showcase #3 moving to the Tennessee state Finals in Knoxville on May 18, 2015.”.
- The three (3) Tennessee state Finalist Bands will be announced on or about May 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM (noon) CT on the Website.
- The three (3) Tennessee state Finalist Bands will each perform at in Knoxville, TN on or about May 18, 2014 for approximately thirty (30) minutes. A panel of expert judges (the “Finalist Judges”) will judge each Finalist Band performance and select a Grand Prize Winner to play at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2015 in Manchester, TN between June 11-14, 2015.
- Sweepstakes: Participants will have the opportunity to enter The Sweepstakes on the day of 3rd Showcase. By attending the 3rd Showcase, eligible participants will have the opportunity to enter to win two General Admission Tickets to Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Each attendee may enter the sweepstakes one time during the 3rd showcase. The winner will be chosen by random drawing from a pool of all eligible Sweepstakes Entrants, which will be held the after the final band plays at the 3rd Showcase. Winner must be 21 or over, is subject to all Official Rules applicable to The Sweepstakes, and must be present to win. No purchase necessary.
- ADMINISTRATOR: The “Administrator” of the Promotion is Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc., 1310 Clinton St. Suite #215, Nashville, TN 37203.
- ELIGIBILITY: Must be 21 or older to enter or win. The Promotion is open to eligible “Bands” and “Sweepstakes Entrants” (collectively, “Participants”) who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry and who are legal United States residents who are physically residing in Middle Tennessee. Middle Tennessee, for purposes of this competition, will be defined as Davidson County and its immediate, neighboring counties. This competition is open only to unsigned Bands. Any Band or Artist who, at any point during the Promotion Period is under a music recording contract or any contractual arrangement that would prohibit Band Member from fully participating in the Contest is not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Administrator, and/or any of their parent and affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, as well as their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, agents and officers of alcohol beverage retailers and distributors and their family members are not eligible to enter or win.
Participants are required to provide truthful information and The Administrator will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Administrator will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Administrator will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and as otherwise required by law.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: No purchase necessary. During the Submission Phase, a “Band” may only enter the Promotion by logging on to the website www.Lightning100.com, and completing the “Band Submission Form”. A Band may have no more than ten (10) Band Members and each Band Member must satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 3 of these Official Rules. For purposes of these Official Rules, a soloist will be considered to be a “Band.” After logging on to the Website, the soloist or the representative of the Band (the “Representative”) must create a “Audio Profile Page” by following the instructions on the Website to enter his/her valid e-mail address, complete first and last name (no initials), street address (no P.O. Boxes), ZIP Code, daytime telephone number, date of birth and Band’s legal performance name. The Representative’s address will be considered to be the Band’s city of origin. The Representative must then upload an Audio File which consists of one (1) original song performed by the Band. As part of the registration, the composer(s) of the original song must be a member of the Band and represent and warrant that he/she/they, are a not a party to a publishing agreement, and/or an assignment or transfer agreement which would prohibit the use of the original song, as provided herein. By entering an Audio File into the Contest, the Representative hereby legally represents and warrants to the Administrator that all of the Band Members comply with the eligibility requirements, all of the Band Members consent to having the Audio File posted on the Website and all of the Band Members consent to entering this Contest. Finally, the Representative will be required to provide an Artist Description (described in Section 6) of the Band which provides information about the Band and the title of the original song played by the Band in the Audio File.
The Audio File and Artist Description must comply with the Submission Guidelines and Requirements set forth in Section 6 of these Official Rules. During the Submission Phase, the Administrator will review each Audio File and Artist Description and provide the Representative with an e-mail stating whether or not the Audio File and Artist Description comply with the Submission Guidelines and Requirements. This e-mail is an initial e-mail only and does not waive these requirements should a Band later be found to be ineligible; the Band is still subject to compliance with these Official Rules to be eligible for a prize.
Limit one (1) entry per Band. This means that each Band may only enter one (1) original song into the Contest and may submit only one (1) Audio File and Artist Description during the Contest Period. All Audio Files and Artist Descriptions must be received prior to the end of the Submission Period. Once submitted, the Audio Files and Artist Descriptions may not be changed or altered by the Representative. Note that an individual may appear as a soloist and a Band Member and/or may be a member of more than one (1) Band, but a soloist may not perform as a soloist in more than one band.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AUDIO FILE AND ARTIST DESCRIPTION:
- The Artist Description must be in English
- The Artist Description must not exceed 300 characters
- The Audio File must not exceed 50 MB;
- The Audio File must be in any one of the following file formats: .wav or .mp4
- The Audio File must be no more than four (4) minutes in length in its entirety
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement
- The Audio File must contain an original song performed by the members of the Band
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Administrator wishes to associate
- The Audio File must contain the voices of and music of Band Members only. The Administrator, in its sole and absolute discretion, may elect to disqualify an Audio File if it believes that the Audio File contains other human beings that are not Band Members
- The Audio File must not contain any post-production voice enhancement of the Song
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- The Audio File and Artist Description must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Audio File and Artist Description are created.
- GENERAL AUDIO FILE TERMS: Audio Files generated by automated means are void. By entering the Contest, Bands grant the Administrator a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from its Audio File, and use of Audio File for performance in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. Each Band must own its Audio File and no other person or entity may have ownership in the Audio File. Ownership of the Audio File will remain with the Band unless all of the Band Members sign the Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document as set forth below which is a requirement for becoming a Band Finalist. The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to assign an icon or image of its choosing to the Audio File for its posting as an entry into the Contest on the Website.
- SELECTION OF THE CONTEST SEMI-FINALISTS, FINALISTS AND CONTEST PRIZE WINNERS:
- Selection of the Semi-Finalist Bands: At the end of the Submission Phase, the Administrator will judge submissions based on criteria set forth by The Administrator, and select eight (8) semi-finalist bands. All Semi-Finalist Bands are subject to review and confirmation of their compliance with these Official Rules.
- Selection of Finalist Bands: During the Public Showcase Phase of the competition, advancing bands will be chosen by a “Judges Panel” consisting of 3 members (one (1) Lightning 100 Radio Personality and two (2) designated guest judges. The Judges Panel will grade each band based on criteria set forth by The Administrator. The band with the highest score after each Showcase will be declared the winner of that Showcase and will have the opportunity to advance to the next phase of the competition. In the event that the Band chosen to advance cannot, for whatever reason, the runner up band will receive the opportunity to advance. In the event that the runner-up band cannot advance, the Administrator may or may not select a further runner-up Band.
- Selection of the Sweepstakes winner: Eligible Participants who attend the 3rd showcase will have an opportunity to enter The Sweepstakes. After the final band has played, The Administrator will hold a random drawing in order to select a winner from the pool of collected entries. Once a winner is selected from this pool of entries they will receive two (2) General Admission tickets to Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival 2015. The winner must be 21 or over, must be present to win, and is subject to all Official Rules. The pool of entries will be drawn from until a winner is found meeting all criteria set forth in these Official Rules.
- Equipment Requirement: For this Promotion, Bands must provide their own backline, and all necessary equipment to perform live at the Showcases.
- THE SWEEPSTAKES, RANDOM DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: A Sweepstakes Entrant who satisfies the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2 and 4 may enter the Sweepstakes by attending the 3rd Showcase of the competition, and registering his/her valid e-mail address, complete first and last name (no initials), street address (no P.O. Boxes), ZIP Code, daytime telephone number and date of birth. A Sweepstakes Entrant may receive no more than one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. One (1) potential “Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner” will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received. The Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be considered a potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes phase.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
- Nashville Road to Roo Competition Finalist:
- Sweepstakes Winner: Bonnaroo General Admission Price Level 2 tickets are valued at $324.50 per ticket, plus ticket fees of $32.75 per ticket, which includes a $6.00 facility fee, a $3.00 contribution to Coffee County, plus $2.00 donation to the Bonnaroo Works fund and other fees. The total Sweepstakes Grand prize is valued at $714.50.
- General Conditions: There will be no more than one (1) Contest Grand Prize Winner, one (1) Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner. Members of the same household may not be a Member of a Finalist Band and win the Sweepstakes Grand Prize.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND FULFILLMENT:
- Finalist Bands: The winning Band at each Showcase will be notified when votes are tallied at the end of each Showcase, and winning Bands will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and a tax acknowledgment form (“Affidavit”).
If the potential Finalist Band or any of its Members is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to participate in any of the Showcases, the Finalist Band will be forfeited and the Band with the next highest Judges Panel score will be a Finalist Band. The Administrator will not be required to contact more than one (1) Band as replacement Finalist Bands for disqualified Bands. Each member of the Finalist Band may be required to furnish proof of identification. Failure to execute and return the Affidavit within two (2) days, in accordance with the Administrator’s directions may result in the Band’s opportunity to be a Finalist Band to be forfeited and the Band with the next highest Judges Panel score will be a Finalist Band. Also, if a Finalist Band wins the Grand Prize, each of its members may be required to sign a second Affidavit to acknowledge acceptance of such prize.
In the event an individual Band Member(s) is/are unavailable to perform at a showcase after the Band has been confirmed as a Finalist Band, due to extenuating circumstances, the Administrator may, in its sole and absolute discretion, allow for the Band to substitute the Band Member(s).
- Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner: Upon receipt of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize, the Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner agrees to indemnify and hold Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, penalties, litigation, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, of whatever kind, to persons or property, which are directly or indirectly the result of their acts or omissions. If the Sweepstakes Grand Prize is forfeited for any reason, an alternate Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received.
If the potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Sweepstakes Grand Prize, the prize will be forfeited and such Sweepstakes Grand Prize will be awarded to another potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner selected at random from the pool of eligible entries. The potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. Upon verification of eligibility of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner, the Administrator will arrange Sweepstakes Grand Prize to be picked up at the Lightning 100 Offices, located at 1310 Clinton Street, Nashville, TN 37215, Suite 215.
- Conditions on travel-related Prize elements: Winning band is responsible for their own travel expenses.
- General Conditions on all Prizes: Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason. Prizes will only be awarded to verified winners. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by the Administrator who reserves the right to substitute or not to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of prize or force majeure.
- Liability and Indemnification:
- Liability: Lightning 100 is owned, operated, and produced by Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. Damages to the stage, equipment or properties of Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. caused by the Finalist Band Members, either intentionally or through negligence, is the responsibility of the Finalist Band Members. Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. assumes no responsibility for equipment, costumes, etc., utilized by the Finalist Band Members. The Finalist Band Members shall inspect and review the stage set-up prior to their performance to make certain that the equipment location and set-up shall not interfere with them during their Performance. Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. assumes no responsibility for accident, damage to property, or injury resulting from the location and set-up of the Finalist Band Members equipment.
- Indemnification: All Participants, including The Finalist Band Members and Sweepstakes Winner agree to indemnify and hold Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, penalties, litigation, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, of whatever kind, to persons or property, which are directly or indirectly the result of their acts or omissions.
- Ownership of Marks: Tuned in Broadcasting and, Lightning 100 are registered marks or trade names owned by Tuned in Broadcasting Inc. and any registrations thereof, remain, and constitute their sole and exclusive property of Tuned In Broadcasting (“Marks”). The Band Members agree:
- Not to use the Marks on any artist Merchandise, sound recordings in any format, film, video recordings, or cover art, unless specifically approved in advance, in writing, by Tuned In Broadcasting Inc.
- Not to attack, assert any interest in, or infringe upon the title or any rights to the Marks
iii. Not to file applications to obtain registrations of the Marks or of any other marks or trade names confusingly similar to the Marks
- That all rights and proprietary interests in the Marks are reserved by Tuned In Broadcasting Inc. for its sole use and benefit.
- TAXES AND OTHER EXPENSES: EACH POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT HE/SHE SUBMITS TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR TO PERMIT THE ADMINISTRATOR TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH BAND MEMBER/SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE WINNER.
- ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Promotion by any Participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Participant and/or entry from the Promotion. Any Participant suspected of or found by the Administrator to be entering votes by automatic, programmed, script, bot, third-party or otherwise fraudulent method, in the Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and all votes made by such methods will be discounted. If a Participant is suspected of submitting fraudulent votes or of inciting others to submit fraudulent votes on his/her behalf, such votes will be discounted and that Participant may be disqualified and his/her Entry removed, in the Administrator’s sole discretion. Position of a Audio File or Band Profile on the Website or any related viewing gallery is random and in no way indicative of vote counts or a Band’s standing in the Contest.
The Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any person found or suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If a Finalist Band is disqualified and the Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion believes it is not able to replace the Finalist Band in time for the June 26, 2014 performance, then the Administrator will not be required to replace the Finalist Band.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion and/or accepting the Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Promotion, the Participant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry in the appropriate contest/drawing. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of Winners, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. ALL WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS-IS. PROMOTION ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LEGAL COMPLIANCE WITH RESPECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION LAWS) OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Promotion Entities shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. By entering the Promotion, each Participant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of the Administrator which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including but not limited to any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the Participant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these 12
Official Rules or any Promotion materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond the Administrator’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Promotion Entities’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Promotion, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Promotion Entities or by a Participant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Promotion, the Website or any other Promotion-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Promotion, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Promotion Entities, or any of their agents or employees, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (q) the collection, use and/or sharing of Participant’s personally identifiable information by the Administrator or their designees or (r) the negligence or willful misconduct by Participant.
- DISPUTES: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF DAVIDSON, TENNESSEE. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TENNESSEE. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN DAVIDSON COUNTY, TENNESSEE. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- GENERAL: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Administrator reserves the right, to disqualify any Participant found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In case of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who holds the e-mail account. Void in all jurisdictions except those specifically included herein, including Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations and wherever restricted or prohibited by law. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in Promotion Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, packaging, and other Promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of all Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 1st, 2015 to: Lightning 100’s Road to Roo 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville, TN 37215.
Inquiries may be made by contacting Lightning 100 at Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville, TN 37215 (615) 242-5600.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of The Administrator.
Lightning 100 is a registered trademark of Tuned in Broadcasting, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Nashville’s independent radio proudly announces the Lightning 100 Road to Bonnaroo. We’re always looking for the very best that music city has to offer, and this time, it’s for a chance to play the 2015 Bonnaroo Arts & Music Festival, down on the farm in Manchester, June 11-14. We’ve got the opportunity. The question is: do you have what it takes? Click here to read the official rules.
If you’re an artist or band living in Middle Tennessee, are 21 or older, and are up for the challenge. Submissions are due by midnight, April 8th. Read the rules, check the show dates, fill out the entry form, upload your music, and you just may wind up playing at Bonnaroo this summer!
Lightning 100 debuts “Futures” by Heathen Sons on 100.1 FM. A rock ‘n’ roll band from Nashville, TN influenced by the songs and sounds of The Wild Feathers, Ryan Adams, Tom Petty, and Kings of Leon.
Episode144. the615 3/30/15
Local Artist of the week
Heathen Sons – Futures – Queen – Higher Than Heaven
Hammel - Strking Matches – Nothing But The Silence
Wells -MYYRA – All About You
This Just In
Pilot Rouge – Fighter
Aubryn – Nothin’ Civil
Live in the LC studios
Kate Tucker & the Sons of Sweden (Playin’ Live Saturday 4/4/15 at the High Watt w/ Bandit, Blue Matches, Asheira)
Kate Tucker (Live) – Blue Hotel
Kate Tucker (Live) – Wide Open Plain
Bands Around Town
Josh Farrow – Devil Don’t You Fool Me (Playin’ Live Monday 3/30/15 at The Basement w/ John Wesley Satterfield, The Crumbs and Actual Wolf)
Humming House – Gypsy Django (Playin’ Live Friday 4/3/15 at 3rd & Lindsley)
Alanna Royale – Animal (Playin’ Live Sunday 4/5/15 at 3rd & Lindsley w/ DeRobert & the Half Truths)
How I Became The Bomb – Secret Identity (Playin’ Live Saturday 4/4/15 at Mercy Lounge)
Dr. Dog stopped by Lightning 100’s LC Studio to perform live before their show at Ryman Auditorium with MeWithOutYou on Friday March, 27th 2015. Dr. Dog performs “I Hope There’s Love”, “Too Weak To Ramble”, and “Turn Of the Century”. There are only a few tickets left for the show, click here to get your tickets.
Episode143. the615 3/23/15
Local Artist of the week
Kirsten Arian – Queen – Higher Than Heaven
Hammel – Sol Cat – Body Like That
Wells – Behold The Brave – Rocky Mountain Strawberry – The Great American Challenge
This Just In
Jesse Lafser – Jack Hat Blues – Raised On The Plains (Release Date April 28th)
Ryan Culwell – Flatlands – Flatlands
Live in the LC studios
American Born Moonshine Tasting
Them Vibes – Shine On
Bands Around Town-
The Features – Fats Domino – (Playin’ Live Thurday 3/26/15 at Exit/In w/ Richie & The Lower Caves)
Striking Matches – CD release Thur @3rd&L
Photo Ops – It Makes You Cry ( Playin’ live Saturday at Mercy Lounge w/ Waterfall Wash, , Harpooner & Kiernan McMullan)
DeRobert & The Half Truths (live) – The Speech (Playin’ Live Saturday at Acme Feed & Seed w/ Oliver James, Back Pockets)
Father John Misty performed a secret show for some very lucky Lightning 100 listeners. Warning, this recording contains adult content and language. Father John Misty took requests from the audience, and his set included “I Love You, Honeybear”, “Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins)”, “Only Son of the Ladiesman”, “Holy Shit”, “I’m Writing a Novel”, and “Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings”.
RI¢HIE, also know as Richie, stopped by the LC studio before his show with The Features and The Lower Caves at Exit/In. Richie performs “Wild Forces” and “I’ve Got a Crush On You” live on 100.1 FM. Make sure to RSVP for $3 dollar tickets tickets at RedBullSoundSelect.com this Thursday at Exit/In.
Sloss Music and Arts Festival start off strong with an amazing first year lineup. Only 3 hours away from Nashville, this festival will take place in Birmingham, AL on July 18-19th. Tickets go on sale at Thursday, March 27th at 10am.