TUNED IN BROADCASTING, INC. / WRLT
(LIGHTNING 100 – NASHVILLE’S INDEPENDENT RADIO)
Lightning 100 is not currently accepting applications for any full-time positions.
Tuned In Broadcasting (Lightning 100 / WRLT) provides a comprehensive internship experience. As a small independent station, we provide an opportunity for our interns to focus on many different areas as opposed to other programs that may focus on one specific concentration. This internship is best for students with a can-do attitude, who take initiative and fully commit to their role in the learning process. Our internships are UNPAID, so to be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning and must receive prior approval from your school to earn and receive credit hours.
Our interns will gain knowledge and experience in every department which includes:
- Promotions – creation, implementation, and coordination (on-site promotions at various station events)
- Sales/Marketing – (sales support includes commercial copywriting/event creation & coordination)
- Audio Engineering – (commercial creation & recording, audio editing)
- Videographer/Editor – (in-studios, secret shows, promo pieces)
- Lightning 100 is looking for two videographers per semester to focus on media coverage.
- Graphic Designer – (show flyers, logos, merch design)
- Web/Interactive/Social Media – (includes video production/shooting/editing)
- Team Lightning (fka Team Green Adventures) – (adventure event coordination)
- Live on The Green – (event management)
- General/Music Business Radio – (show creation/ management/ coordination/ marketing)
To apply for an internship with Tuned In Broadcasting, submit your application HERE by the deadline below for the semester you wish to apply:
- Summer ’20 Semester (May 12th – July 31st) Deadline: April 17th
- Fall ’20 Semester (August 25th – December 4th) Deadline: August 1
- *internship will be remote, unless otherwise communicated*
- Spring ’21 Semester (January 12th – April 23rd) Deadline: November 6th