Alanna Royale visits the LC studio to talk about her recently release Achilles. We fit all six members into the studio to perform “18” and “Cop Show”. Make sure to request Alanna Royale during the615 or lunch request hour if you would like to hear more from this Nashville band. Click here if you want to hear the full interview with Lt. Dan.
Needs some last minute holiday gift ideas? Lisa from The Bottle Shop has you covered!
Today on The Tasting Bar, Dave from The Bottle Shop show us some of his holiday favorites. We’re talking Four Roses Bourbon and Uncle Vals gin people!
John Butler Trio stopped by the LC studio before their show at Ryman Auditorium. Check out this performance featuring their new single “Spring To Come” and a Lightning 100 favorite “Better Than” live in the studio.
Leon Bridges is from Fort Worth, Texas. Leon is known for blending southern soul and gospel. Those are the only two things Lightning 100 really knows about this new artist on 100.1 FM! Lightning 100 was pumped to find the song “Better Man” to debut on WRLT. What do you think of this new artist?
The modern Royals started from a digital glitch in the modern struggle to 5ind analog. Far into the ground they search for a 5irm grip on the emotional value of veracity. Like worms and dirt, they lay foundation to a more complex and ruling art in which they consider to be the holy grail of music at whole. Together they 5ind connection to everyday life that the average listener sometimes needs help hearing. Like a baby starling, these songbirds are harmonious with the 5iner things in life.
Episode129. the615 12/15/14
Local Artist of the week
The Modern Royals – Only You To Blame – The Modern Royals
Hammel - Ranch Ghost – Black Caboose – S/t EP
Wells -Field Division – Faultlines – Reverie State ( Communion – Soil & the Sun, Gabriel Kelley, Count This Penny)
This Just In
Kyle Cox – I Ain’t Been Lonely, Until I Met You – The Plan, The Mess
Live in the LC studios – Rebecca Roubion - New Christmas Record out now called Christmas Lights
Rebecca Roubion (Live) – Joy To The World
Rebecca Roubion (Live) – Christmas Lights
Bands Around Town
The Future – Baby You’re Golden (Playin’ Live Wednesday 12/17/14 at Tin Roof Nashville at 8pm FREE show)
Guthrie Brown- Lakeside (Playin’ Live Wednesday 12/17/14 at Tin Roof Nashville at 8pm FREE show)
Super Shaker – Kong (Playin’ Live Wednesday 12/17/14 at Tin Roof Nashville at 8pm FREE show)
The Switchmen – I Don’t Know (Playin’ Live Thursday 12/ 18/14 at 12th & Porter Quixotic II)
Sylvan Esso was not meant to be a band. Rather, Amelia Meath had written a song called “Play It Right” and sung it with her trio Mountain Man. She’d met Nick Sanborn, an electronic producer working under the name Made of Oak, in passing on a shared bill in a small club somewhere. She asked him to scramble it, to render her work his way. He did the obligatory remix, but he sensed that there was something more important here than a one-time handoff: Of all the songs Sanborn had ever recast, this was the first time he felt he’d added to the raw material without subtracting from it, as though, across the unseen wires of online file exchange, he’d found his new collaborator without even looking.
Meath felt it, too. Schedules aligned. Moves were made. And as 2012 slipped into 2013, Sanborn and Meath reconvened in the unlikely artistic hub of Durham, N.C., a former manufacturing town with cheap rent and good food. Sylvan Esso became a band. A year later, their self-titled debut—a collection of vivid addictions concerning suffering and love, darkness and deliverance—arrives as a necessary pop balm, an album stuffed with songs that don’t suffer the longstanding complications of that term.
These 10 tunes were realized and recorded in Sanborn’s Durham bedroom during the last year, an impressive feat considering the layers of activity and effects that populate them—the dizzyingly crisscrossed harmonies of “Play it Right,” the gorgeously incongruous elements of “Wolf,” the surreptitiously minimalist momentum of “HSKT.” Sanborn’s production is fully modern and wonderfully active. He enlists obliterating dubstep stutters and crisp electropop pulses, hazy electrostatic breezes and epinephrine dancefloor turnarounds.
But this isn’t a workout in production skills or a demonstration of electronic erudition. Instead, his music syncs seamlessly with Meath’s melodies, so that the respective words and beats become a string of ready-to-play singles. The irrepressible “Hey Mami” webs handclaps and harmonies around a flood of bass, a strangely perfect canvas for a tale of dudes hollering at neighborhood tail (and, finally, finding the chivalry not to do so). “Coffee” sparkles and quakes, patiently rising from a muted spell of seasonal affective disorder to a sweet rupture of schoolyard glee. These pop cuts condescend neither to their audience nor their makers. They are sophisticated, but with none of the arrogance that can imply; they are addictive, but with none of the banality that can entail. There is sensuality and sexual depravity, homesickness and wanderlust, nostalgia and immediacy. Sylvan Esso acknowledges that the world is a tumult of complications by giving you a way to sing and dance with those troubles, if not to will them away altogether.
When Meath and Sanborn talk about Sylvan Esso, they come back to context—to how, before this project, they felt that their solo endeavors often felt short of it, as if they were lacking a crucial component. That is no longer a concern. When Meath sings to Sanborn a melody that she’s conjured and captured, he almost instinctively knows how to respond. And when he delivers to her the backbone of a wordless beat, she adds lyrical bait where he’d only seen white space. Sylvan Esso represents the fulfillment of their fortuitous encounter by, once again, linking parts that too often come stripped of their counterparts. Here, motion comes with melody. Words come with ideas. And above all, pop comes back with candor.
Trent Dabbs and Amy Stroup stop by the LC studio before their performance at Nashville Sunday Night. Sugar and The Hi-Lows perform “Snow Angel” live and debut a demo of their new song “High Rollers”. Hope you enjoy this holiday treat! Click here to watch the HD performance or listen to the full interview via soundcloud.
Today on The Tasting Bar, Lisa from The Bottle Shop gives us some great holiday gift ideas which include Taste of Italy, wine sets, whiskey test tubes, and stocking stuffers for all(over 21). Stop by The Body Shop for these tastings on Friday 4-7pm and Saturday 1-7pm.
WRLT- FM The Head and the Heart Retweet Contest Official Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WRLT-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. at 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville TN 37203, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WRLT-FM Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s listening area. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s listening area, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01pm CST on December 9th, 2014 and will run through 11:59am CST on December 12th, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete one of the following:
- Retweet WRLT: Entrant must retweet on www.twitter.com the designated tweet from @Lightning100 Entrants may only retweet once per day and entrants may only enter once. Users found to use multiple accounts will be deemed ineligible. Entrants must include ‘@Lightning100’ in each retweet.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. December 12th, 2014 – Station will select one (1) entry for the prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. The winning entrant will be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. Two (2) GA general admission tickets to The Head and the Heart at Ryman Auditorium. Approximate retail value: 300?. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc ., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained after December 5th, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below.
- Release of Twitter. This contest is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.com. By participating in this contest, entrants release Twitter of any responsibility associated with this contest.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Tuned In Broadcasting, INC. 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215, Nashville TN 37206
“That was the most rockstar things I’ve seen in the studio this year” said Wells Adams. *Repeat Repeat stopped by LC Studio to play a few new tunes. See what happens when the microphone starts falling during a live in-studio performance. Click here to watch a special version of “I’m Not The One” and “Hooks” which put Jared on his knees for the sake of rock and roll.
Episode128. the615 12/8/14
Local Artist of the week
Laura Reed – Wake Up - The Awakening
Hammel - GGOOLLDD – Gold
Wells - Dan Auerbach – Whispered Words – Keep It Hid
Communion Club Night at Mercy Lounge Thursday 12/11/14
Daniella Mason – Technicolor
Albatross – I’d Give It All Up For You - Out From Under
Live in the LC studios – Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes - Playin’ Live Red Bull Sound Select Saturday 12/13/14 at High Watt
Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes (Live) – the615 Christmas Song
Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes (Live) – Static – Kid Tiger
Bands Around Town
The Delta Saints – Heavy Hammer(Playin’ Live Saturday at Marathon Music Works 3rd Anniversary Celebration w/ Deep Fried 5 and The Wans)
Basecamp – Shutter – (Playin’ Live Saturday at 12/13/14 at High Watt)
South African born singer/songwriter Laura Reed has been making a name for herself globally with her powerhouse vocals, thought provoking lyricism, and captivating performances. Most recently having the honor of singing our National Anthem on more than one occasion at Madison Square Garden. Her musical journey started as a teen, where she played open mics and coffee shops around North Carolina and the South Eastern United States. Her original focus was as a poet and storyteller, however over time Laura developed a strong unique voice that was all her own, an empowering message of Unity, and the experience to translate her message through music. Not to mention being a self taught multi-instrumentalist- most notably wailing and stomping on blues harmonica. Laura toured relentlessly as the front woman of the South Eastern based band, Laura Reed and Deep Pocket, as well as recording and performing with various other projects and artists such as George Clinton, Killer Mike, Karl Denson, The Big Ol’ Nasty Getdown and even Jewel.
Laura is currently based in Raleigh, North Carolina and uses Nashville, TN as a platform for her art; where she garnered a publishing deal with EMI/SONY-ATV as well as winning a NIMA AWARD for “BEST R&B SOLO ARTIST 2014″ and Local Artist spotlight with Lightning 100 Nashville Radio. Laura was encouraged to make the move to Nashville by mentor, former music executive and Grammy award winning producer, Paul Worley (Lady Antebellum/The Band Perry/The Dixie Chicks). It was Paul who introduced Laura to the producer of her upcoming project, “The Awakening”, 2X Grammy award winner Shannon Sanders (India.Arie, Robert Randolph, John Legend).
Laura opted to release the record on her very own label entitled “FIVE FOOT GIANT RECORDS”, with the help of experienced ex-Apple Creative Coordinator Patryk Larney of Hope Tree Entertainment. Read more
Today on The Tasting Bar, Lisa from The Bottle Shop introduces us to an amazing wine called Southern Belle that ages their wine in Pappy Van Winkle barrels. We also check out some awesome gift ideas for the Holiday season.
Afie Jurvanen aka Bahamas stopped by the LC studio while on his Fall tour. It is not the first time Afie has stopped by the studio, click here to see the performance of “Caught Me Thinking” and “Already Yours” off Pink Strat. Bahamas debuts “Stronger Than That” and “Bitter Memories” off their recent release Bahamas is Afie. Bahamas will return to Nashville on January 17th to Mercy Lounge.
Said to embody the “tradition of the well-traveled singer-songwriter while cultivating a modern style that’s uniquely their own”, Johnnyswim made waves at Lightning 100’s Nashville Sunday Night, Live from 3rd & Lindsley.
Abner Ramirez and Amanda Sudano, the now Los Angeles-based husband-and-wife duo, initially met at a church service in Nashville, but did not begin songwriting together until four years later. After three different EPs, 2014 saw the release of Johnnyswim’s first ever full-length album, Diamonds. This week’s video episode of the pair’s June performance at Nashville Sunday Night features “Home” and “Diamonds” from their new album, two songs that you may have heard on Lightning 100.
Lisa from The Bottle Shop hooks it up with some great Black Friday deals this week on The Tasting Bar!
Episode127. the615 12/1/14
Local Artist of the week
Forlorn Strangers – Wanderin’ Blues - EP American Magic Tricks
Hammel - THENVOY – Colors As Of Wine – Gold In A Silver Setting E.P.
Wells - Dean Fields – Timmy & The Train
This Just In
Alex Vucelich – Woman
Ira Wolf – In The Dark – Fickle Heart
Heidi Feek – Trail Pop – Featured on RollingStone Country
Jen Starsinic – Stay – The Flood & The Fire (May 27th release)
Bands Around Town
Mikky Ekko – It’s Only You – Strange Fruit (Playin’ Saturday 12/6 at Marathon Music Works for Festivus)
The Weeks – House We Grew Up In (Playin’ Saturday 12/6 at Marathon Music Works for Festivus)
Sam Palladio – Driftwood – (Playin’ 3rd and Lindsley 12/7/14
Forlorn Strangers is an independent Nashville, TN, based Americana quintet leaning heavily on bluegrass & drenched in four part harmony. Forlorn Strangers is an all acoustic band using guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, upright bass, a stomp box, and some percussion. Our sound is based on the roots of American music, leaning heavily on bluegrass, drenched in four part harmony and added elements from blues, jazz, and some rock & roll. We bring a high-energy set designed to engage listeners and participants in an exciting yet introspective experience.
Lightning 100 is partnering with Second Harvest Food Bank on Giving Tuesday to double your impact. For every dollar donated to Second Harvest on December 2, Nissan and other generous donors will double your impact up to $500,000. Help us feed our hungry neighbors and make a donation. Make a donation on December 2nd to enter for a chance to win prizes from Third Man Records!
Organized in 1978, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee is a private, not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization. Second Harvest’s mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. Second Harvest distributes food and other products to approximately 450 nonprofit partner agencies in 46 counties in Middle and West Tennessee. Our partners include food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, childcare facilities, senior centers, group homes, and youth enrichment programs. Last fiscal year, we were able to distribute over 28 million pounds of food throughout our service area. For more information on Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee and its programs, please visit secondharvestmidtn.org.
Double Your Impact
- Double Your Impact is Second Harvest’s matching gift campaign that we started in partnership with Nissan in 2012.
- This year, all donations received Dec 1 – 14 will be matched up to $500,000 thanks to Nissan and several individual donors.
- Every $1 will be doubled and provide 8 meals to hungry children, families and seniors.
- On December 2nd (Giving Tuesday), we are partnering with Lightning 100 for a Radio-athon to help drive up donations. Lightning 100 will be featuring Second Harvest all day long with calls in from staff and interviews from supporters.
Lightning 100 debuts new music from The Decemberists! Check out their official music video for “Make You Better” with a guest appearance from Nick Offerman. What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World limited-edition deluxe box sets are available: http://smarturl.it/TheDecemberists. Deluxe box sets will come signed by the band while supplies last.
Spoon stops by the LC studio just to say “hello” to their friends at Lightning 100. A few lucky listeners got to watch this in-studio performance of “Do You” and “Rainy Taxi” off their recent release They Want My Soul. Have you listened to the full album? Let us know by leaving a comment on this post if you want to hear another track on 100.1 FM! Click here to watch the HD performance or listen to the full audio interview.
Episode126. the615 11/24/14
Hammel - Jet Black Alley Cat – Memphis Blues (Out 11/25/14)
Wells - Griffin House – I Remember – Flying Upside Down
This Just In
Young Brother – Kamikaze
Sky Temple Blues – Eclipse – The Bomb Shelter Sessions (EP) (Basement Tom & Rutledge Thurs)
The Red Headed Indian – January – Honey E.P.
New Wave Rebellion – That’s The Ticket – Transmogrification
Live in the LC studios – Langhorne Slim (Playin’ Live Friday 11/28/14 at City Winery)
Bands Around Town
All Them Witches – The Urn – (Playin’ Live Sunday 11/30/14 at 3rd & Lindsley)
Turbo Fruits – Sweet Thang – (Playin’ Live Sat 11/29/14 at Mercy Lounge w/ The Whigs)
The Features – This Disorder
This Thanksgiving, as we give thanks for the mindblowing year that was 2014, what better way to celebrate then with friends, family, food and MUSIC!?! As the turkey settles, leftovers are put away and the tryptophan kicks in, curl up with your extended family on The Farm for an exclusive VH1 special, “A Very Bonnaroo Thanksgiving” on Thursday, November 27th at 9PM ET/PT.
Lightning 100 is thankful for having some of the best listeners out there, so we are giving away a pair of tickets to Bonnaroo 2015! Follow Lightning 100 on twitter and ReTweet our #GobbleRoo message for a chance to win. You can enter once per tweet, by ReTweet a new message posted by Lightning 100. It’s that simple! Click here for the official rules.
We’ll be checking in on Bonnaroo groundskeeper, Dale, as he takes care of The Farm and unleashes a magical archive of past festival performances, including Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, Elton John, Metallica, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Mumford & Sons, Jack White, and many more.
You’ll want to use the official hashtag, #GobbleRoo, to join the conversation and participate in some Thanksgiving giveaways for the whole ‘Roo family!
And be sure to remember… The Bonnaroo 2015 Pre-Sale begins the next day, Friday, November 28th at Noon ET. More details can be found on our Tickets Page!