How YOU can help save Nashville’s Independent Radio.
Now more than ever, we need your support in order to save our airwaves. For the past 30 years, we’ve been serving our community by championing local artists, amplifying local businesses, and serving hundreds of nonprofit organizations every year. We’ve become accustomed to lending a hand to our neighbors, and yet due to the ongoing pandemic, this is the reality of the situation: Lightning 100 is in jeopardy of closing its doors if we can’t generate a substantial cash infusion to offset our lost revenue.
By raising $250,000 we project that we can cover enough costs to keep broadcasting into 2021, when we believe we will see an improvement in our revenue as as our partners recover and have the dollars to invest in radio advertising once again.
Lightning 100’s mission has always been about more than the music, and we want to continue to give back and uplift the community for 30 more years to come!
For inquiries and interview requests: [email protected]
*Note: Lightning 100 is not a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and as such, donations are not tax deductible.
6 Things You Can Do Right Now
It goes without saying, but asking for help is hard. We usually find ourselves on the other side of this equation, working with literally hundreds of nonprofits each year to raise funds for important causes in our community. And yet, with advertising revenue declining and events on hold indefinitely, our two main streams of income have taken a big hit.
Here’s our promise. For as long as we’re able to keep broadcasting, we’ll stay dedicated to providing the best 24/7 free programming in the country. We’ll keep bringing you incredible live music at our Live On The Green Music Festival. And we’ll do it all while championing local artists.
Advertising is what keeps the lights on here at Nashville’s Independent Radio. Every partner that advertises with us is directly supporting the members of our small, tight-knit team. Our staff is made up of Nashvillians from all walks of life, from natives to newbies, from single parents to newlyweds, and from seasoned veterans to folks just starting their careers. While we may jokingly say that we’re “paying the bills” when we go into commercial, we genuinely love getting to tell Nashville about our favorite local businesses. In this little big city, the entrepreneurs that brought us staples like Frothy Monkey, Edley’s BBQ, and LabCanna aren’t just business partners, they’re our neighbors.
If you’re looking to make waves in Nashville, give us a call. Having built a trusting relationship with our community for 30 years, we’re confident that when we deliver your message, you’ll see results. Right now, we’re offering special rates to businesses that pre-buy their 2021 advertising campaigns, so reach out now to lock in your rate! For more info, click here.
The Save Our Airwaves Auction (Pt. 2) is live through January 15th at 7pm, and will feature a variety of items from our rich 30-year history like signed guitars, posters, & more! This time around we have items and experiences from your favorite artists like The Tedeschi Trucks Band, Moon Taxi, The Lone Bellow, Nathaniel Rateliff, Lennon Stella and more!
Here are just a few of our items up for grabs!
Lightning 100 is partnering with Friendly Arctic Printing and Design to release a special edition “Save Our Airwaves” t-shirt, benefiting the station. The shirt, along with any other in our collection, can be purchased online by clicking any thumbnail below! All the shirts are designed locally here in Nashville, TN and are just $30, making them the perfect last minute gift for the holidays.
For listeners interested in donating to the station, or supporting the station via recurring membership, we invite you to visit Lightning 100’s Backstage Pass. Members will have the opportunity to access exclusive content while directly contributing to the ongoing success of Lightning 100. Perks include an HQ digital stream of 100.1 with reduced commercials, access to monthly DJ playlists, on-air shoutouts, and interaction with artists heard on Lightning 100.
GENERAL ADMISSION – $3.00 per Month
Thank you for supporting Nashville Independent Radio! Your support helps power 100.1 FM that allows us to embrace local musicians and our community. Add your name to our supporter page on Lightning100.com! Thank you for your donation. Every dollar helps keep our signal strength running strong!
VIP STREAMER – $10.00 per Month
* Access to Lightning 100’s high-quality stream, which includes more local music and fewer commercials!
* Access to our simplified audio archive, including full-length concerts recorded by Lightning 100!
* Music Meeting Playlists curated by our airstaff
BACKSTAGE PASS – $25.00 per Month
* Everything included in the previous tier.
* Receive an exclusive Lightning 100 Supporter Shirt (Received after Month 2)
* Access to virtual meet and greets and performances with artists
* Access to monthly raffles, including tickets to live shows, signed memorabilia, and Lightning 100 swag.
* One of our DJs will personally thank you on the air in rotation with our other VIP Supporters!
* Access to all Lightning 100 produced pre-sales (including LOTG, Festivus, Chocolate Affair, and more).
* Receive an extra discount on Lightning 100 Deals.
ALL-ACCESS – $50.00 per Month
* Everything included in the previous tier.
* Schedule a message up to once/month with a DJ for friends and family while supporting 100.1 FM! You can send out messages about birthdays, anniversaries, mothers/fathers days, or any positive message approved by programming. Create special moments each month while working with Lightning 100!
* Access to member-only secret shows (when possible to provide a safe environment for all our awesome fans!)
|TEAM LIGHTNING PROFILE||Free.||Select|
|GENERAL ADMISSION SUPPORTER||$3.00 per Month.||Select|
|VIP STREAMER||$10.00 per Month.||Select|
|BACKSTAGE PASS||$25.00 per Month.||Select|
|ALL-ACCESS||$50.00 per Month.||Select|
|GENERAL ADMISSION SUPPORTER (1-YEAR)||$66.00 per Year.||Select|
|VIP STREAMER (1-YEAR)||$120.00 per Year.||Select|
|BACKSTAGE PASS(1-YEAR)||$300.00 per Year.||Select|
|ALL-ACCESS(1-YEAR)||$600.00 per Year.||Select|
Want to save big at local businesses around Nashville? With Lightning 100 Deals, you save a minimum of 30% on every purchase! Right now we’re featuring gift cards to some of our favorite restaurants in town. Don’t miss out – these deals won’t last long!
Other ways to support the station include:
- Listening to the station in your car, on our app, online, or smart speaker
- Following Lightning 100 on social media