Contact: Delaney Willson, [email protected]
LIGHTNING 100’S SAVE OUR AIRWAVES CAMPAIGN
Nashville’s Independent Radio is inviting artists, businesses, and listeners
to band together to save Lightning 100’s airwaves.
Monday, December 7 – Friday, December 11
Asking for help is hard. For the past 30 years, we’ve become accustomed to being on the other end of the spectrum; supporting local artists, local businesses, and hundreds of nonprofit organizations every year. And yet due to the ongoing pandemic, this is the reality of the situation: Lightning 100 is in jeopardy of closing its doors if we can’t generate a substantial cash infusion to offset our lost revenue.
By raising $250,000 we will cover enough costs to keep broadcasting into 2021 when we believe we will see an improvement in our revenue as our partners recover and have the dollars to invest in radio advertising once again.
It has been a tough year for many in the music industry, from artists to venues and promoters. Without events and concerts, these independent businesses have had to scale back and find creative ways to create revenue. Although Lightning 100 has been working harder than ever to create high-quality free 24/7 programming, the station needs your support to help us make up for lost advertising revenue and keep our signal going strong.
The Save Our Airwaves Campaign, hosted at lightning100.com/saveourairwaves, will take place Monday, December 7th through Friday, December 11th, and will feature a variety of ways for fans of the station to contribute personally to the station’s continued success. Supporters will be encouraged to do any of the following:
- Donate. It’s the simplest, and most effective way to ensure that Lightning 100 can continue to provide the best radio programming in the country, free of charge. Fans can donate individually, or join one of our fundraising teams spearheaded by DJs and our artist friends!
- Advertise. While we may jokingly say that we’re “paying the bills” when we go to commercial break, we genuinely love telling Nashville about our favorite local businesses. Those businesses pay us to deliver their message along with our musical programming. Advertising is an investment in the future of your business. Invest with us.
- Bid. The Save Our Airwaves Auction will feature signed memorabilia from some of our favorite L100 artists including Alabama Shakes, EmmyLou Harris, Patty Griffin, Susan Tedeschi, Steve Earle, Local Natives, Moon Taxi, and more. It will also include one-of-a-kind virtual experiences and personalized gifts from your favorite L100 artists.
- Buy a tee. The Save Our Airwaves Tee, designed and fulfilled by Friendly Arctic Printing and Design, is an easy way to show your support while also projecting your immaculate taste in music.
- Become a member. For listeners interested in supporting the station via recurring membership, we invite you to visit Lightning 100’s Backstage Pass. In this Beta version of the program, members will have the opportunity to access exclusive content while directly contributing to the ongoing success of Lightning 100. Perks include an HQ digital stream of 100.1 with reduced commercials, access to monthly DJ playlists, on-air shoutouts, and interaction with artists heard on Lightning 100.
From Lightning 100 President Lester Turner:
“Lightning 100 has built a niche by advertising to restaurants, venues and events. Covid-19 has dealt a crushing blow to these businesses. With no customers, they have no revenue and cannot afford to advertise – which means that a major part of our revenue dries up. We need you to help keep the lights on until we can all get together again. Please help support Nashville’s Independent Radio!”
If you are an artist or business owner willing to make a donation to our auction, or to spearhead one of our fundraising teams, please email us with the subject line: Save Our Airwaves Campaign.
*Note* Lightning 100, a property of Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is not a 501(c)3 organization, and donations will not be tax deductible.
ABOUT WRLT LIGHTNING 100:
Locally owned and operated for over 30 years, WRLT Lightning 100.1 FM, Nashville’s Independent Radio, has maintained an unwavering dedication to the city through its unique on-air programming and live events. The format of this award-winning radio station affords it a wide range of music genres with a focus on local, emerging, and national artists. Lightning 100 is the proud producer and founder of Live On The Green Music Festival, and nationwide AAA Station of the Year, for five years running.