LIGHTNING 100’S SAVE OUR AIRWAVES CAMPAIGN
* * * * *
Nashville’s Independent Radio is inviting artists and music industry personnel to help raise funds for the reigning 5x AAA Station of the Year.
* * * * *
Monday, December 7 – Friday, December 11
* * * * *
It’s no secret – all of us in the music industry have been hit hard by COVID-19 and the associated lack of revenue. Lightning 100 in particular has seen revenue fall to a record low as local advertising budgets have dried up and events are on hold indefinitely.
Asking for help is hard. We’re used to being on the other end of the spectrum, supporting local artists, local businesses, and hundreds of nonprofit organizations every year. And yet due to the ongoing pandemic, this is the reality of the situation: Lightning 100 is in jeopardy of closing its doors if we can’t generate a substantial cash infusion to offset our lost revenue.
By raising $250,000 we can cover enough costs to keep broadcasting into 2021 when we believe we will see an improvement in our revenue as our partners recover and have the dollars to invest in radio advertising once again.
So we’re turning to you, our friends and partners in this crazy music industry, for help. With your support, we’re confident we can build on the last 30 years and keep creating the best 24/7 free programming in the country. Please read below for a list of simple ways for you to help @Lightning100 #saveourairwaves.
How to get involved:
- Donate an item or experience to Lightning 100’s Save Our Airwaves Auction.
- signed memorabilia, virtual experiences (ie. Zoom concerts, meet and greets, etc), personalized items (ie. handwritten lyrics, commissioned songs, etc), or anything else you think fans would love!
- Start a Save Our Airwaves fundraising team.
- Send a link to your fans and invite them to donate as a part of your team. Our gamified system with fun prizes shows real time updates of our fundraising leaderboard, leading to a fun and interactive (friendly) competition.
- Grab a Save Our Airwaves Tee and show it off to your fans.
- We have a limited number of promotional tees available to share with artists in return for promotion on your social media! Let us know if you can promote the tee to your audience.
- Consider a donation, or better yet, an advertising campaign.
- We want to keep spinning great music for years to come. And when it comes to promoting music, nobody has Nashville’s trust and attention like Lightning 100.
Interested? Have questions? Email [email protected] with subject line “Save Our Airwaves Campaign” and we’ll get you connected however we can!
Assets you can share to promote Lightning 100’s Save Our Airwaves campaign can be found here.
To preview the campaign, click here. Password: lightning1310
Suggested Copy (but we’d love for you to write your own!)
Twitter: My favorite radio station @Lightning100 has helped break emerging artists for thirty years, and now they need our help! Visit lightning100.com/saveourairwaves to learn more about how you can help keep Nashville’s Independent Radio on the air for years to come! #saveourairwaves
Facebook/Instagram: My favorite radio station @Lightning100 has been showcasing local, independent, and emerging artists on-air for thirty years, and now they need our help! Visit lightning100.com/saveourairwaves to learn more about how you can help keep Nashville’s Independent Radio on the air for years to come! You can donate, buy an exclusive #saveourairwaves tee, bid on signed memorabilia, and even become a member!