OFFICIAL RULES OF THE 2023 MUSIC CITY MAYHEM CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO VOTE, PARTICIPATE OR WIN.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPANTS IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE INELIGIBLE.
1. Eligibility to vote:
The 2023 MUSIC CITY MAYHEM Contest (“Promotion”) is open to citizens of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Lightning 100 (“Sponsor”) reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. Submission Period:
Promotion begins at 6:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time on January 30, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time on February 26th, 2023 (“Submission Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
3. How Bands Can Enter:
During the Submission Period, visit www.Lightning100.com/musiccitymayhem (“Website”). If you have not already registered for a Contest account at the Website, you must register for an account and provide the required information and accept these Official Rules.
4. Eligibility To Enter:
The 2023 MUSIC CITY MAYHEM Contest (“Promotion”) is open to citizens of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older, and have a valid U.S. government ID or proof of U.S. citizenship. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Lightning 100 reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address for the entire Promotion Period regardless of category and regardless of method of entry. Participants may not enter using multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter under multiple identities. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Submission of an entry grants Lightning 100 and its agents the right to publish song on website, use, adapt, edit and/or modify (radio edit) such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. By submitting, you’ve given us the right to play and post your music. Entries must be the original work of the entrant; must not infringe upon third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Any person featured in submissions must sign a release prior to awarding of prize. Submissions are accepted by bands that currently live in a 30-mile radius of Nashville, TN 37203.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON LIGHTNING 100’S WEBSITE, AT LIGHTNING 100’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Lightning 100 and its agents an unlimited, worldwide and license and right to publish, use and/or publicly perform the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
By submitting an entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the Entry Requirements set forth below:
- • Entry must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Website
- • Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, or unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or profane or pornographic, or contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- • Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- • Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- • Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Lightning 100 or its products or other people, products or companies;
- • Entry cannot infringe on trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
- • Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission, and Lightning 100 does not permit the infringement of others’ rights, and declares that any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Lightning 100) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest.
- • Entry cannot copy a movie, book or photo, or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than the entrant unless entrant has obtained all rights necessary to permit entrant to use same in connection with entry and grant the rights herein granted to Lightning 100;
- • Entry cannot contain background artwork unless it is an original work of the entrant, and any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in entries must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
- • Entry cannot infringe on the right of publicity of any person, living or dead, without permission;
- • Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Lightning 100 wishes to associate; and
- • Entry cannot depict a violation of any law, and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
5. Sponsor Communications:
- By submitting an entry, entrant grants Lightning 100 and all sponsors of the competition the right to send marketing communications to the email and phone number provided by the entrant.
- By voting in the Music City Mayhem contest, voters grant Lightning 100 and all sponsors of the competition the right to send marketing communications to the email and phone number provided by the voter. To unsubscribe from SMS text communications, users can reply STOP at any time.
6. DMCA Compliance:
Tuned In Broadcasting, INC is committed to complying with U.S. copyright law and to responding to claims of copyright infringement. Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to a Service Provider’s Designated Agent.
For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide all of the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement:
A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. to locate the material; D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an email address; E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). You should be aware that, under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs and attorney’s fees.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF LIGHTNING 100 IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Lightning 100 does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Lightning 100 reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein at its reasonable discretion.
Lightning 100 reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his/her entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
By submitting an entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and that Lightning 100 is free to disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Lightning 100 does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Lightning 100, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Lightning 100 reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Lightning 100 has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit.
7. Public Voting/Judging/Tie Breaker/Winner Notification:
Public Vote Selection: After Lightning 100 has chosen the 32 finalists and created a tournament style bracket, each selected entry will appear on the Website during the Promotion Period (the “Voting Period”). Each entry will be paired with another entry in a head to head voting matchup, the voting period for which will be one day. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite entry. To vote for an entry, log on to the Website. Then, click the “vote” icon on the video you wish to vote for. A valid mobile phone number is necessary to vote, as a validation code will be sent to your mobile device before your vote is counted. If more than one (1) vote is received from the same person and/or email address and phone number for a given entry per round, all votes from said person or email address will be disregarded. By submitting your vote, you are allowing Lightning 100 to contact you about upcoming events, promotions, contests and more! Send STOP to unsubscribe to Lightning 100’s VIP club. At the conclusion of the Voting Period, Lightning 100 will rank the entries according to the total votes received. The one (1) entrant whose entry receives the highest total number of votes will move on to the next round (subject to verification). Voters must have valid mobile phones registered in the United States to complete the vote. Votes made on the website will require text confirmation sent to the voter’s mobile device. Lightning 100 reserves the right to examine phone numbers used to vote in order to determine if an ineligible device has been used, such as a VOIP number or international phone number.
Tie Breaker: If a match results in a tie, five (5) Lightning 100 employees will vote to break the tie.
Voting will continue according to the bracket until 4 finalists have been determined. We will then choose a 5th “wild card”. The “wild card” will be chosen by selecting the band that has received the most votes during the bracket voting portion of the competition.
The final four (4) artists plus 1 “wild card” will participate in a live showcase from Third & Lindsley, in Nashville, TN on April 27th, 2023. During the showcase, fans will be able to vote for their favorite artist at lightning100.com/musiccitymayhem. The artists will also be judged by a panel including Lightning 100 and sponsor representatives, with possible scores ranging from 1-10. The number of judges will be determined by Lightning 100 prior to the start of the showcase.
The voting window for fans will open at 6:00pm CT and will conclude 10 minutes after the conclusion of the last band’s performance.
The champion will be determined by the following weighted formula:
(Average Judge Score)*0.4 + (% of finale on-site votes*10)*0.3 + (% of finale on-line votes*10)*0.2 + (% of cumulative on-line votes*10)*0.1 = SCORE
- 40% on-site judge score (finale)
- 30% on-site fan score (finale)
- 20% online day of score (finale)
- 10% total cumulative votes throughout MCM competition period. (4/3/23-4/20/23)
The percentage of total votes throughout Music City Mayhem will be considered as each band’s cumulative total votes from previous rounds (not including the finale) divided by the sum of cumulative total votes from previous bands of all four (4) remaining finalists.
If an artist has questions about this formula, they should contact [email protected] for further clarification. Lightning 100’s scoring and ruling of a champion is final, and Lightning 100 is not required to reveal details about each finalist’s scores.
The artist with the highest score according to the above formula will be crowned the Music City Mayhem champion. Lightning 100 reserves the right to make changes to this formula, and will
8. General Conditions:
By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work and (b) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Lightning 100’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a Grand Prize Winner.
9. Paid Promotion on Lightning 100 Properties
Contestants in Music City Mayhem will be prohibited from purchasing any paid promotional opportunities on Lightning 100 platforms during the Promotional Window. This includes radio advertising and any paid digital promotion including e-blasts, website inclusions, social media, SMS marketing, etc. Artists will be able to resume paid marketing with Lightning 100 upon the conclusion of the competition, or upon the artist’s elimination from the competition.
10. Limitations of Liability:
Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is not responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete or non-delivered Activities, Points or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the loss of or failure to capture any such information. Neither Lightning 100 are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the Website. Lightning 100 reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual/account it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of Promotion or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person or to achieve more entries than entitled or to otherwise disrupt the Promotion in any manner. Lightning 100 is not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading or copying materials from or using the Website. If, for any reason, Promotion, in the sole opinion of Lightning 100, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Lightning 100, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Lightning 100 reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof. In the event such action is taken, Lightning 100 reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of such action. Vehicle winner acknowledges that the Lightning 100 has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize Vehicle, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize Vehicle.
11. Governing Law:
By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Lightning 100 in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Nashville, Tennessee.
12. Winners List:
For the name of Winners, visit www.Lightning100.com beginning April 28th, 2023 through December 31, 2023. If you are chosen as a winner, your information may be included in a publicly available winners list.
One grand prize winner will receive:
- Heavy rotation in Lightning 100 airplay on 100.1FM for one month
- Advertising package on Lightning 100 valued at $3,200
- A performance slot at Third and Lindsley with a live broadcast on Lightning 100
- 2 day Studio Recording Session at SAE Institute
- $300 gift certificate to Gruhn Guitars
- HOME Unlimited & Elite Artist Membership for a full year from HOME.
- 1 free case a month of Switters Iced Coffee for 1 year
- Additional prizes may be awarded as available
The runner-up will receive
- $200 gift certificate to Gruhn Guitars
14. Hosted by: Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. 1310 Clinton Street Suite 215 Nashville TN, 37203
15. Golden Rule: Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. has the rights to change these rules at any time during the promotion. Participation in the contest after any changes to the rules have been implemented will constitute acceptance of the terms.