Spring Break is almost here! Plus, the weather is finally warming up and the sun is out longer. Ahh! Can you tell I am so excited to start exploring again? I was really starting to feel like a hermit.
If you aren’t heading out of town, join us for our Annual Staycation. We have partnered with some of our favorite kid-friendly events in town to bring a whole week of fun activities for you and the kiddos. Most are free or at least deeply discounted. See ya out there ✌️
- Monday @ 10:30am (free!) Nashville Public Libary (link: https://library.nashville.org/event/story-time) is an incredible organization with endless activities for you and your little humans. Did you know they have over 50 weekly events happening at there 20 locations? Kick-off Staycation with us at the newly renovated Madison Library for School- Ready Story Time on Monday, March 16th at 10:30 am. This is geared towards 3-5-year-olds but all are welcome!
- Tuesday @ 9am Get the minds and bodies of your babes moving with Parent + Tot | Music & Movement at Nurture Nashville Yoga West (formerly Blooma Yoga). This class is ideal for kids 0-5 years old and includes singing, dancing, interpretive movement percussion and parachute play!! There is a $5 Cost for this Class. This class is at their brand new location – 992 Davidson Drive Suite 102 Nashville TN 37205. If you are looking for something geared towards little babes, you can check out their barre class at 10am. This is great for mamas and pre-crawling babies. This one is discounted to just $10! (link – http://bloomanashville.com/)
- Wednesday @ 10:30am (free!) Get ready to party at Plaza Mariachi on Wednesday for Bilingual Storytime at 10:30am. (link – https://plazamariachi.com/event/plaza-story-time/all/) This is a high energy storytime with tons of singing and dancing. They also have tons of coloring sheets and an onsite coffee shop (yesss!!!). And I highly recommend checking out Azafran Park on the way back into the city. It’s a park specifically for 2-5-year-olds. (link – https://www.google.com/maps/place/Azafr%C3%A1n+Parkemail@example.com,-86.7536386,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xd6670daf1e25532b?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSivOTkY7oAhVpleAKHU2PDXUQ_BIwCnoECA8QCA)
- Thursday @ 3pm (free!)The Getalong is probably one of the cutest children’s shopping in Nashville. With books, instruments, homewares, toys, gifts and more. This is a shop for everyone. Also, the back half of The Getalong an event space with tons of weekly activities. They are hosting a special party just for Lightning 100’s Staycation. Join us at 3pm for a special performance by The Happy Racers!! (link – https://thegetalongshop.com/pages/calendar)
- Friday @ 11am (free!) The Graduate Hotel is one of Nashville’s newest boutique hotels and has decor that I am dying over! It’s funky, it’s floral and I am in love. Calling all moms – make this event even if it’s just a reason to come check out this place. (Plus, they have an onsite cafe!) You can join us starting at 11am for a free music class from Tenn Little Birds, come decorate a precut butterfly as part of the city-wide art project for Nashville Reads and make sure you stop by the Lightning 100 recording station where your little ones can record a shout out that could be aired on the radio. 🙂
- Bonus event! Writers for Rhinos is back at The Nashville Zoo on Thursday night. Join talented songwriters and some of your favorite animals for a unique, family-friendly songwriters’ round at The Nashville Zoo to fundraise for rhino conservation! This event features acoustic performances by Grammy-nominated songwriters with chart-topping songs, appearances by the Zoo’s ambassador animals and more. Tickets start at $25 but children 3 and under are FREE!